• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 05:05 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Google Map

Started by zourtney, Nov 05, 2009, 08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

Should we uppost that little map you made of all our secret places in the woods? I'm certain that no one would ever care to find us or prosecute us for being so smelly during one of our camping adventures.

Nick

We should post it yes, but we should make a little page to go with it. Maybe with a google map embedded showing them all. Plus I want to fix them so the descriptions are not all missing.
Oooooo.... another idea for picture project. Load waypoints (or have a way to input them) so as to associate them with a given tag. So if I tag a picture with  Elk Lake or pichole, the software will automatically tag the image with the geotagging information for that location. Enabling non gps-enabled camera owners to benefit from their GPS and geotagging (or the use of waypoints/coordinates from some other source if they have no GPS.)

(You could almost make a song about information locations...)

I will post this to the image project thread too..

zourtney

I like the idea very much. I'm rolling that one over in my head, trying to figure the best way to store that data in the database...

Nick

Here is a map. Its randomland's map. Some of you also got an email with an invite to edit this map.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=110025172077177799704.0004784c0fba502d4a6f7&z=10

If yous all like the googly maps with the radomland waypoints then we can use this for a 'places of interest' page.

zourtney

Definitely Randomland worthy. I think this should be linked up on the main site. Perhaps we could even have a dedicated link to it...Our main site's nav needs a little help. The sidebar particularly.