• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 12:53 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

(Oh) Christmas Tree

Started by zourtney, Nov 12, 2009, 06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

Yes, Christmas tree -- not a "holiday pine" or some other sort of universally disagreeable term of homoginized blandness -- no! Christmas tree.

Ok, now that I got that out, what are people doing this year for Christmas trees? I know Nick and I traipsed around in 2 feet of snow to find a kind donor of the evergreen variety. That was fun, though they always seems a little bare once they come inside. The farmed kinds get much fuller, indeed. It's quite November, I think it's nearing Chrismas tree time, myself.

Brad

We got our Christmas tree early last year and it was super-dry by Christmas (No I didn't forget to water it).

I'll probably get my Tree after Thanksgiving.

zourtney

yeah, I'll probably wait until then too, but that's not too far away

Nick

We should traipse back on into the woods and find another few donors to don our living areas. And the top of the truck. Lower elevations might even yield a little fuller of a tree.

zourtney

Yay, it's after Thanksgiving! Now I can get a tree :)

Nick

We are apprarently getting one from one of Lyons Heating's clients. Its free so that cool. I still will go up with you, if you venture into the wild to nab a wily conifer.

zourtney

I think I'm going to go get a Christmas tree with my mom and Cody this weekend. We should make a trip up to some snow-covered treeland this month, though. And I should shellac my pants! Well, maybe scotch-guarding would be better.

Nick

My people keep talking about when a snow trip could take place. Currently one is planned for next weekend when my sister has a day off. You should come! Cody too.

zourtney

Sounds like a plan to me. Where would you go? Eastwards to the hills of Detroit?

Nick

There is a snow park just a little farther past Detroit that is nice. We have gone there in the past but we have gone other places too.

Bradman want to go too?

Brad

I'll be in California next weekend, sorry. I want to go up to the snow though, so maybe we can go again after Christmas?

Nick

Your just as guilty :) But your right.

zourtney

zourtney

I have Christmas Tree. Do you have Christmas Tree?

(Why can't English re-adopt some sort of plural "you" pronoun? It's so annoying!)