• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Ideas we should make into movies

Started by Nick, Nov 14, 2009, 08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Cannibal Hobos.

Brad knows what I am talking about. 

zourtney

Speaking of ridiculous movie ideas, I dredged up this ancient piece of stupidity:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=347Kj91WGGY

It was a 3D Studio MAX animation of a mock-race between Nick's old gutless Audi and my old gutless truck. I should try modeling and animating stuff again, though I doubt I could do much better than I did in that old video (which is really, really terrible). It was just meant as a rough storyboard though. I'm pretty sure I didn't put much work in to that. But still, it's quite terrible.

zourtney

Also dredged up from a folder I haven't touched in about 6 years (I think Nick and I co-conspired these ideas):

QuoteThe Ricemaster (drives "the rice")
An arrogant young one, referred to as "the ricemaster" owns a dealership of ricey imports. He sells these cars to teenagers, corrupting their minds and poisoning their automotive souls.
   He fillipantly uses words like "NOS," "pimping" and "tight" to describe his inventory. He insists that a large muffler is a "performance upgrade," and that every car needs a turbo.
   He looks down upon pure power machines, such as American Muscle cars and Italian exotics. He is ademant that front-wheel drive is the way to go. Endless arguements about the lack of power loss between transmission and driveshaft might occur, but he is actually quite unknowledgable about vehicles.

The Ninjas (drive Brad's mustang?):
   A group has formed to fight the evils imposed by the Ricemaster. Armed with large swords, sticks, and a strong belief that Japanese cars, and the like, are simply second rate, passenger vehicles. Having facts, unbiased knowledge of vehicles, and lots of weapons, the Ninjas are gathering to take down the bad influences being forced upon the young generation.

Man, that is so dumb of me that it is funny. "The Ninjas," in particular makes no sense. Why would ninjas (Japanese!) be pitted against their own engineering?! (Which is almost universally considered superior...)

Nick

And they would hardly be unbiased. But thats what good c-movies are made of! Recently the ideas of animating and movie making have been intriguing me. Even if its a actor less plot of vehicles racing through the woods. 
Though I probably just looking for an excuse to get a camera I shouldn't buy :)

zourtney

:) I need to use my old video camera more. It got some use when we went camping. That was nice. Unfortunately, as wrong as it seems, my big Canon actually takes better quality video...

I'm trying to figure out what programs/codecs I should encode that stuff with. I have about 10 tapes full of video that needs HD archived.

Nick

From what I have read the big canon has a much better lens then the lil'camcorder. More light and an actual depth of field make things look nicer. It makes me want to get the new Canon rebel. It will take 1080p video and you can change out your lenses. But I have not that kind of monies.

zourtney

Yeah, one of those Rebel's is always on my list of "nice to haves," but I don't really plan to get one soon. I should probably put the $600 to better things, like tires and brakes. A DSLR ranks pretty close to quad on my list of dream purchases.

Nick

Yeah, I know. I am the same way. Look look look, never buy. At least not on my income.

zourtney

We should unbolt a steering wheel from one of the "spare" vehicles we have around and make an "OH NO! the steering wheel popped off!" video. :)

Nick

:) YES!

The suburban is currently in a state of partial steering column disassemblance (trying to find an electrical gremlin) so its all primed and reading for shooting.

zourtney

:D I've got cameras and weekends free!

zourtney

I haven't messed with Premiere in ages, but I wonder if you can do "green screen" type video overlays. If so, we should totally try that, just for the heck of it.

Nick

Yes! I agree! Richard has a program called pinnacle that will do it, but premier will too I am sure. Otherwise there is probably a free solution for the green screening out there that would work for our purposes.

zourtney

We could drive down the road and get some video out the window and overlay that. We could then make our "oh no! the steering wheel popped off" video have an extra, extra cheesy look. And if it looks too realistic (very doubtful), we can add random filters to the shot to make it look less credible and more cheesy. :)

Nick

Something needs to explode at the end :)