• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 01:54 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Super Rice Boy Kart ("Suriboka")

Started by zourtney, Jun 13, 2008, 05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

As summer rolls around once again, I get the urge for karting. Go-karting, to be specific. I want that chinsy metal frame wrapped around my body and a 5hp Honda motor. I want the mud in my face and the exhaust in my lungs! I want to drive go karts.

Several years ago, we started work on the grand-daddy of go-karts. With the power of an 80-something Honda Accord engine, we figured we could make it move quick enough to satisfy that ever-present longing to fly on four wheels (so to speak).

Of course, the winters crept in, the springs thus followed, and the engine probably needs to be rebuilt. But that longing is still present. This topic is intended for ideas about this Super Rice Boy Kart.

To read the stories about what we've done so far:
    Go to the Suriboka Stories page.

zourtney

Well, of course we'll all be busier than we'd like this summer, but I think it'd be quite encouraging to get some steering and A-arms on the front of the frame. Even without shocks, it'd be a huge improvement.

Go Suri, go!

Nick

Aug 02, 2008, 06:50 PM #2 Last Edit: Aug 07, 2008, 03:24 PM by Nick
We should do that! We have all the parts needed to mount the front!  And even start the electrical system! All we need is 1/2oz of motivation and some homework to avoid. Too bad I have class at nights.... 3 more weeks and I will have some free evenings. Though it will be getting dark sooner then :(

zourtney

Quote from: Nick on Aug 02, 2008, 06:50 PM
...To bad I have class at nights....

I think you meant "too bad", unless this is some sort of new exclamation. For example, "To bad! Have you been smashing the spoon again?"

Anyway. Eve will be working a little later most days (like till 7, 7:30), so maybe I can come to Suriland after work some days.

Nick

To bad? To bad I don't know what you are talking about.... :) But yes, we should do that. And I should sell my car, get a motor cycle and put a new engine in the blazer. Perhaps not all in that order....

Nick

Nick

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days. :(

She is so sad and neglected. Just another project in the stack of many.

zourtney

Enter Sunemema (soo-nee-may-ma).

Super Neglected Metal Mass.  :(

Nick

That just doesn't roll off the tongue like Suriboka..