• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 11:47 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Snow time

Started by zourtney, Nov 23, 2009, 01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

All of the snow I found last weekend has made we want to go on some sort of snow trip. Probably not a camping trip (yet), but like snowboarding or inner tubing. It's not the most practical of day trips (long drive and potentially expensive), but it's fun. Let me know if you're interested.

Nick

If we can bring the dog I know of several people who would like to go see the snow. Innertubing/ sledding would be awesome. We can take the quad and see if it can pull people :)

zourtney

That could be a mighty good time! I need to find myself a pair of pants which don't immediately leak. My old snowpants seem to have bitten the dust...or snow, as it were.

zourtney

As I stand outside in the cold, the snow urge returns! It appears you can find some decent deals on snowboard setups if you browse craigslist. Hmmm, hmmm...

Nick

Tickets still aren't cheap though. :(

zourtney

A sad, sad truth. But it could be worth it to pick up someone's left over boarding equipment (so long as I can find a place to store it). And if it's a few years old, I wouldn't feel bad about running it down some random hill we find in the mountains. :)

Nick

Yeah. Sounds like an exhausting good time :) It would go along well with sledding.

zourtney

Definitely! That's the economical way to go :) Is the Blazer still frumpin'?

I'm going to see if I can round up a pair of snow pants some time soon. I knelt in a puddle while putting on tire chains last weekend but quickly discovered that the waterproofness of my old pants has seen better days. They're still plenty good for heavy-duty random happenings, just not kneeling in puddles or crashing into snow. I might be able to scotch-guard them and make them good-as-new, come to think of it.

Nick

The blazer is still very frumpin.  The windshield is leaking. Its battery wont hold a charge anymore. And it smells funny. Other then that it should be good to go. I can silicone the window to try and make the water stay out and go to Bimart to exchange the battery and see if they will prorate the old one towards a new one. Then it would be ok to take. Minus the 4WD requiring a C-clamp.

zourtney

Let me know if you need any help. Maybe we can upgrade the Blazer to "usable" status. I'll probably be busy this weekend though because Eve isn't working. And I want to spend time with her! I might get a tree, though.

Nick

Come one come all (as long as I know you) we are going to the snow on Saturday!

zourtney

What are you going to drive up there? Last I heard, you had a shortage of Chevrolet reliability around there... So, where are you going? East of Detroit, like you were saying before?

Nick

Probably thats where we will go. I am in the process of taking the steering column apart on the suburban. I keep having to go to autozone and borrow special tools though, and thats slowing me down (especially since most of the cars seem to be broken.) I hope to have it running reliably by Friday. If not then we will have to take the truck and the blazer. The blazer will be stinky but I bet I can get it running ok.

Cody

I am thinking I would like to go with you all if you don't mind. Whoever you all is. I've been wanting to get out and see some snow and mountains anyway. And it seems I will be here alone and bored this weekend anyway so that works out well for me.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

Nick

My people and I would like very much to have you along. Dress warm :)