• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 09:18 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Snow time

Started by zourtney, Nov 23, 2009, 01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Make some boots out of glue.... use your old ones to make a cast..... :)

Anyway, Yeah! Lets get to doing something. Even if its jousting in the safeway parking lot. Or drawing awful pictures of things that should get made out of wood (my drawing would be awful anyway.) Or even just taking a bike or two out and getting some good old by-pedal exercise.

But there really is no time like snow time. And I saw some super (un)awesome sleds at shopco for $7 :)

zourtney

Yeah, we should definitely do something. The shoe thing sounds like a funny idea  :) ...probably shouldn't do it though! Wood somethings sound good, snow fun sounds good (with decent boots), hiking, biking, picture taking.... all good!

Sledding sounds like a good idea, if we can find ourselves a li'l slice o' hill somewhere.

Brad

Hey it snowed in Salem. Also this topic is only tangentially related.

zourtney

Perhaps we should have a thread entirely for tangential discussion. We could really go places!

Also, I like snow.

Nick

I was in the snow just the other day. Boarding in it even!

zourtney

Oh boarding, I miss you so! I want to go some time soon. Yeah.

Nick

I think I should buy one, a board that is. I have spent enough in rentals to have purchased one (or more) already.

zourtney

I've thought about it, but can't quite justify it. Yeah, I'll probably spend more on rentals in the long run. But I'm lucky if I get to go once a year. Plus my brain automatically doubles the price of fun-sounding adventures, since I like Eve's company.

Also, wow, I have no idea where I would keep it. I think need some sort of ceiling-mounted, multi-tier trundle system for storing everything in that back room. Or I could move. Or simply have less stuff. Or keep piling it on.

Which reminds me, time to make tacos.

Nick

A computerized storage and retrieval system! Just search for the item you want, select it from a list and the machine brings the appropriate container to the front. That should only cost about 10 grand...

zourtney

Sometimes I wish I was more handy with electronics. Maybe I should get one of those little boards.

Nick

They are fun and interesting. After the initial fun of getting serial communication working and making LEDs blink you will need some sort of project to be working towards though.

I always seem to get info things like that and then fail to have any goals for it. Like I would like to learn how to write 'apps' for android, but I have no idea what I would want to make after an initial few 'hello world' programs and some playing with interface controls.

Speaking of that, I would like to learn how to write programs for android.... 

zourtney

Me too. I'll likely end up with some sort of Android device this year.

Oh yeah, and "snow"

Nick

Not happy with the iphone?

Yeah...uh, snow!

zourtney

Reasonably happy. A new iPhone would give me a few new features and a faster UX, but I want to be able to tweak stuff. And at least have the option of writing my own apps without another $1k in hardware. And change is nice.