• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 06:57 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Mans, we need to get some rally cars...

Started by Nick, Dec 03, 2009, 09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

We need some rally cars. AWD or RWD little bundles of gravel road fun. The blazer is just too fat to be much fun, it is still fun though.

zourtney

The Blazer ranks about 1.5 on the funness index and it's still fun to drive in the woods! Just imagine how much fun a semi-capable car could be.  :)

Nick

With a tiny lift and overtall tiers to clear the ruts and rocks it would be a blast. Especially if the vehicle managed to make more then 150hp!   

zourtney

There's no way that thing is making anywhere near that kind of power. Yeah, it's geared like a truck (boring), but my car has about 160hp and it could practically do laps around the Blazer while driving down the highway. The Blazer feels like it must be losing about 20% from the flywheel, 20% from the torque converter, 20% through the transmission, 20% through the driveshaft, 20% through the differential, and another 20% at the axles. (I think that makes it a small black hole)

Nick

Dec 03, 2009, 10:44 AM #4 Last Edit: Dec 03, 2009, 10:52 AM by Nick
Wow, is that 20% of the remainder each time or the base power? :)

Moved my huge long blazer post to the blazer thread. Maybe all we should make are general discussion threads :)

http://randomland.net/forums/index.php/topic,128.msg1506.html#msg1506 <- go there for awesome blazer talk (all of the awesome belongs to people other then me)

zourtney

Right, ok, back to rally cars! What type of car would one look for? Molding Subarus?

Nick

Yes. I would love an old impreza or legacy or even something older. But those cars we went and saw in Washington would have been a blast too. Too bad that guy had ZERO documentation for them. Otherwise I would have bought them in an instant. I need an adventure. I have been sitting around doing housework for too long now.

zourtney

Yeah, totally understandable. I like adventures, especially when vehicles and woods are involved :)

Nick

http://salem.craigslist.org/cto/1479583762.html

Merge that thing with the parts that are good off Francine and you will have maybe a 2.5 on the funness scale. That's a classic 1-10 scale, right?
Good old 80s celicas.