• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 05:41 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Too cold for A/C?

Started by zourtney, Dec 10, 2009, 08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

So, I started up my car this morning and turned on the defroster. It always makes extra noise when I turn it to defrost. I have been told that cars with A/C run that pump in conjunction with the defroster to take moisture out of the air. And my car seems to do this all of the time, except for this morning.

It was back to normal and noisy by the time I got to work. I'm not sure if something seized up because of the cold or what, but no harm done...probably.

Also, for the first time that I can recall, the heating system at work was actually pumping out warm air into the server room. It must be cold, eh?

Nick

I used to run my car in defrost mode ALL the time (whenever I had the heater on because that was the only way to get heat on your feet and on your face) before I knew that that ran the A/C at the same time. Well the A/C pump failed one winter (probably because of this) so now I never run my A/C (because its not connected anymore, I unplugged its power) I hope yours is OK.

zourtney

Me too. It probably is ok, but we'll see. It has been abnormally cold out, not that that's really a good excuse/reason for that behavior.