• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 04:11 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

No Camping like Snow Camping!

Started by Nick, Jan 03, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

I think its time we attempt our yearly snow camper trip. Venture up into the cold, unforgiving mountains and suffer miserably for a few days. I miss the snow balls, the pure white hills, the trees in their coats of snow. And I got a new sleeping bad and want to try it out.

So what do yous all say? Shall we get out there while its still winter?

zourtney

That could be fun. It's about time to do that again, yeah. But let's wait until I don't feel so ill. I am currently down with the sickness.

Nick

Oh noes! Not again! Breath too many varnish vapors? But seriously, sorry to hear that. Being sick sucks.  I can wait. I need to get the blazer all fixed up anyway. I think it might have stopped leaking since a smeared silicone all over the crack. But that might be wishful thinking.

zourtney

I think we need about 300 of these for the Blazer -- http://www.drizair.com/products.html

But yeah, camp-camp is starting to sound appealing again.

Nick

300 might do it. Might be cheaper to get a new window and a head liner though :)

zourtney

Last I looked, it was still soppin' wet. Maybe would should stuff in entirely full of super-absorbant paper towels :) But yeah, if we fix the leaks and get a few days of sun, she might be alright.

zourtney

We could at least go for a day-hike snow play day. But I really need to invest in a new pair of boots. Mine cheap old boots are separating from the soles. :(

Nick

My left one recently sprung a leak. I noticed when I was hosing the bottoms off. I am going to give it a good gluing to see if that helps then oil the things up.
Maybe you should get some mildly insulated ones this time. They might be ok in the snow then.

zourtney

Last weekend I picked up a can of all-purpose glue-anything-to-anything goop to glue my box fabric down. But I'm guess it'd glue a shoe together. I also have some waterproofing spray. Perhaps I'll try see if I can make those boots last a little longer. I've got the stuff; it's probably worth a try.

Nick

There is stuff called shoe glue that foams up a little I think. Gets in all the nooks and crannies to help waterproof the bond. I will let you know after I use some... once I find the bottle...

zourtney

Cool. Even if it doesn't work, I can at least say I tried. Something in my likes using things well beyond their expected lifespan.

Nick

Wear builds character into items, especially clothing. And, at least for me, you feel like you have gotten your money worth. But yeah. It doesn't hurt to try.