• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 08:51 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Dude, we should go hiking

Started by zourtney, Feb 22, 2010, 07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

We should go hiking some time. Even if it's just a day-hike, that'd be cool. I have a nifty camera which needs to take more pictures and an overly lazy body. We should fix that.

Nick

Defiantly. I have been wanting to do something like that for a month or more. I also have a new tent and sleeping bag I want to try out. But that can wait. Too much inside time not enough woods. And far too few pictures taken.

Cody

I completely agree. Hiking is good for you! I've been wanting to get out to the woods for a while now too.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

Even the smell of the rain is a welcome thing. Hike, hike!

Nick

zourtney

I remember a time when Nick, Cody, and I went on a nice long walk in the woods on a wet, wet day. We had these super cool ponchos and Nick made some evil-gnome pose. I caught it on camera, even. I should upload that!

Sorry, that story had no point. Just reminiscing.

Nick

That's the point then! I do remember that time. We also came across a massive, hulking stream powered monster. Lurking, long forgotten, in the woods. And some high-schoolers getting all kissy face on a bench. But again, that's not very to the point. The point is, I like those times more then all the time I spend sitting inside. SOOO, its time for another excursion.

Where to?

zourtney

I don't know. Anywhere is better than nowhere. And nowhere (as in: your house or mine) is better than not at all. I'll bet you anything there is a Drupal calendar plugin. We could slap down some official "events." (Or I'm sure there is a forum plugin, too)

Cody

Personally? I want to see some snow...  :'( There hasn't hardly been any this year at all.
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

Yeah, we did have that one week which was exceptionally cold, but not much in the way of frozen precipitation. Although, that's what the Willamette Valley is good for.

Nick

There is a calendar thing installed. http://randomland.net/calendar-date/2010-02 Have a look. To add a new 'event' just create a new date from the create content area. It might be cool to use it. Add posting about thing that have happened and things that are going to happen. Like hiking!

Edit: I guess there is an add button on the top of the calendar too. If you cant see it, then you might have to alter the permissions again (uggg)

zourtney

I see, I see! Hiking is on the calendar! Saturday might work for me.

Nick

Coo!L  It should work for me too. I can't think of anything else I have going on. Where would you like to go? Coast? Mountains? Corvallis? Llama land?

zourtney

Quote from: Nick on Mar 03, 2010, 08:03 PM
Llama land?

SimCity?

Or am I getting confused with WinAmp? I'm almost certain that SimCity referenced some animal at random during gameplay.

Cody

I believe it was a game speed option...though I could be wrong. Though I seem to remember thinking that was a very odd thing to list...
   --Boba Fett