• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 04:32 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Sharp Knives

Started by Nick, Mar 09, 2010, 08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

I recently got a little knife sharpening kit. Its a cool little wood box with 2 sets of angled holes in it for inserting ceramic rods at correct angles for sharpening. S
Since getting it I have been impulsively sharpening things. Perhaps a little obsessively. Ones can never have too sharp a knife can they?

I think I might order another pocket folder (for doing some dirty work that I want to keep my good knife away from. Cody knows what I am talking about.) And a cheapish fixed blade for camping fun and games. And to protect the coffee from those dirty, thieving tree-rodents!
Anyone want to save on some shipping and combine an order from www.smkw.com?

Cody

Your knives can never be to sharp! And oh yes I do indeed know to what you are referring to. I would like to have another pocket knife but seeing as I am currently broke I probably shouldn't be buying more stuff sadly. Fixed blades are good though...I enjoy my Ka-Bar and find it comes in handy for many things you don't expect and always bring it camping with me!
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

Nick

Uggg. Never mind on the knife ordering. It seems anything worth looking at on that site is out of stock or more then $50. There are a few ok ones but its not worth the frustration.