• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 06:03 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Maple Trees! ...Eh?

Started by Cody, Mar 27, 2010, 01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cody

Let's just ignore the terrible joke there in the topic title...

I don't think there is really a great spot for this but here seems as logical as anywhere to me. Nick came over not terribly long ago and pointed out some sad little maple trees growing in the gravel. Because of this, I have been going around the property picking out happy looking baby maple trees and some other mystery tree starts and putting them into little pots. Now, logic states that when one gets to a certain number of little trees in pots they should stop...but logic is no fun. I currently have about 21 of the things sitting around. I'm not sure how many will survive or what exactly it is I will do if they all actually decide to grow. In any case it seemed like something to make a topic about on the Randomland forums!
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

Nick

Cool! Keep it up. I for one like little trees! You can try and sell them at our yearly garage sale if your interested. Or perhaps some fool hardy craigslisters would like them.  Or put them in 5 gallon pots and make your own mobile grove!

zourtney

So, Cody...remember those nice little maples we dug up and potted? Well, I took them home, put apparently out dang cat has an affinity for foliage. One simply died, but the other was uprooted and on the counter, about three feet again.

RIP maple babies.

Nick

So very sad :( But kittens will be kittens. There are a bunch on little ones growing along our street (and probably more at codys) if you want more.

zourtney

Yeah, I might try again. Maybe I should build a window self for my plantalones.

Nick

Build a whole green house!

Cody

Take more! Please, I beg you! If you don't they will shortly have a date with the riding lawn mower and it's sharp spinning blades of spinny doom! Your poor trees are dead and uprooted but ours will soon be ripped from the ground, thrown into a whirly blender of blades, chopped into tiny pieces, thrown into the air, and scattered to the four winds to rot into mushy slimy oblivion!! Oh noes! Well I am done now. If you want some you can have some...and if you want a more cat proof type thing to set them on I am sure we could help with that too.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett