• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 07:42 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Favorite Photos

Started by zourtney, Apr 11, 2010, 11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

Post your favorite photos you've taken. If possible, upload them to Randomland using the image uploader. They can be altered (post-processed) or not. The only rule is that you, the poster, are the author.

Post away!

zourtney

I'll start it off. I took this one a few weeks ago at my Mom's house. These are the flowering cherry trees along her driveway. The image has not been altered, though I might play with it later to see if I can bring out a little contrast in the foreground blossoms.

I believe this was taken with my 50mm Canon lens.

Cody

So this doesn't become an awesome thread that randomly dies, I will try and sift through my pictures at some point and come up with an awesome one. I know I have quite a few that I am rather fond of. They may not be as awesome as yours, but cool nonetheless!
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

Brad

I don't really have a "favorite" picture, but I do have a few which I really like. This is one of those:

I drive by this tree every time I go to my in-law's house. I really like the way it looks, but I don't think I've ever seen it with very many leaves on it.

All my other pictures I like are all on my Flickr page. Including some pictures from our latest hiking adventure. I'm too lazy to upload them to both Flickr and Randomland right now, sorry. Plus nobody else in my family will see them if I only upload them to Randomland.

Nick

Not fine art by any measure, but I think this one is kina cool.

zourtney

Nice. You capture some cool shots with your macro lenses!

Nick

A few from the recent Canada trip. A little blurry. Partly from being hand held with a small camera in the dark, and partly from the panorama process it seems.

Brad

You were in Canada???

Nice panoramas! That is one photography technique I've never been very good at.

Nick

Jul 03, 2011, 10:00 AM #8 Last Edit: Jul 03, 2011, 10:02 AM by Nick
Quote from: Brad on Jul 01, 2011, 10:26 PM
You were in Canada???

Yep. For 7 days. Went to Vancouver island and stayed in Victoria. Courtney watched our critters while we we gone. We gave him a shotgun and some ammo as well as some meat. It was a nice week, but verry busy. Lots and lots of gardens. Visited a few castles. Ran around the tree tops hooked to cables, nets, swinging thins and ziplines. And went to see some 800 year old red cedars and douglas firs. All in all it was a good trip.

Brad

They have castles in Canada? Clearly I am not up on my facts about the maple leaf state...

Were are the panoramas of castles?

Nick

I will work on that. I think I tried to take some but haven't gone back to look through that section yet.

Cody

First of all, shut up and stop yelling at me telling me not to post in this topic because it's old. I am aware of that you self aware forum.

I recently took this picture though and am rather fond of it. Still working on getting the camera settings right...and unless I fork out $80 for a tripod that tracks celestial bodies, the pictures will always be blurry.  :-\

I believe this picture had about a four and a half minute exposure time. (Thank you, CHDK)

--Boba Fett

zourtney

Pretty cool. That'd be something fun to try with my big guy.

Crazy how much the sky moves in a mere 4 minutes, eh?

Cody

Very crazy. I did a ten minute exposure last night and the sky was so bright you couldn't hardly see any stars. Looked like day!
   --Boba Fett