• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 03:27 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Disc Golf

Started by zourtney, May 15, 2010, 10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

Woah. We don't have a thread on here about disc golfing yet?! Well, now we do.

Today, Eve and I went over to Champeog State Park. They have a nice 15 hole setup. Being a state park, and the year being 2010, it'll cost you $5, but there are much lesser causes to throw your money at. But I disgress. I'd say the course is comparable to the Cascade Gateway Park course in Salem.

It's a bit of a drive and was rather crowded on a nice day like today. Most people were friendly and all but one seemed well on their ways to not being drunk gooberfaces. So, it was a nice afternoon trip and we'll probably end up going there again at some point. Maybe next time we'll bring some charcoal and hamburger patties :)

zourtney

Man, nobody likes my thread :(

Friday I went disc golfing with work people at lunch time. Apparently there is a course no more than 10 minutes away. It's a little muddy in spots, but that's to be expected. We were only able to play 9 or 10 holes, but it was fun. I might have to revisit it again some time when I can finish out the course.

Nick

Cool. Its nice to be able to get outside like that.
And its not that we don't like your thread, its that I have only gone disk-golfing twice. So I cant really add to the discussion much :( I have been ball-golfing more then a few times with Richard and Brent. I think Brent might have even talked my sister into it. Disk-golf is much cheaper to play though, which is nice. And probably just as fun. For me its mostly just doing things out in the land of greenery.

zourtney

We should go again. It's fun. And between Cody and me, we have enough spare discs for at least two extra players. You're invited any time I go!

Nick

Thanks for the invite! Just let me know next time you are planning to play and I will join you.

zourtney

I finally went disc golfing again! I did averagebad. Is it sad that not playing for many months has no detrimental effect on my game?

Nick

Still go out "flinging the saucer"?

zourtney

Sounds like fun. We still have a little spare sunshine before it's nonstop rain. Doing anything this weekend? I want to go fishing, too

Nick

Having a dinner with Star's Mom and perhaps going to visit a ghost town or something. Not sure on the details yet...

Nick

I have details now. My Mom wants to go hiking up Opal creek to see an abandoned mining town. Everyone on here that I met in person is invited to join us!

Cody

When is this hiking trip taking place? Sounds like it could be fun.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

Nick

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!

zourtney

It does sound like fun, I'd have to agree. I need some fallish pictures this year. Lots of them! It seems it's still a bit early, but yeah.

And a of this is in the totally wrong thread :)

Nick

QuoteAnd a of this is in the totally wrong thread :)
That's the way it seems to go around here.