• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 05:04 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Broken Gokarts.

Started by Nick, Jun 19, 2010, 10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

I would like to get them fixed! Anyone up for spending a little time helping? Need a muffler fabricated and they both likely need their valves adjusted. Then they will *supposedly* run OK again.

zourtney

I'm totally up for helping out with this. Good project with good fun. I need to do some more mechanical tinkering. Plus, this section of the forum is so dead! We need to liven it up.  :)

Nick

I agree. And there was no thread for go-kart talk'n.

Nick

zourtney

Indeed they are. Let's fix them!

Nick

They have been promised to someone for a reasonable sum. Their neglected hulks will hopefully go to a better home. 

zourtney

This thread is so old it hurts. I saw my reply from September and was confused...until I looked at the year!

Nick

Seeing as the dude who was going to buy the karts has no cash at the moment I think it would be ok to still try and fix one of them. Do away with the gutless 150cc scooter engine and give it a 350cc or 500cc snowmobile engine. We may then find that the suspension needs an upgrade... Though I would really just like to get a souped up FL350.

Like they did here... http://buggynews.com/arctic-cat-340-in-a-dn-250-t41804.html

zourtney

You, sir, make me itch for adventure. Gas powered adventure.

Nick

I,  too,  feel this itch. A yearning and burning for dirt and speed.

Brad

You guys may want to see a doctor about all the itching and burning sensations.

Nick

You better watch out. It seems to be contagious.

zourtney

Warning: may also induce mild psychosis.