• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 03:30 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

An old safe, safe at last

Started by zourtney, Jun 29, 2010, 07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

The next step (after it airs out a bit) is to cloth-line the interior. This is totally unnecessary...so I'm going to do it! Any tips on attaching cloth to metal? I was thinking of gluing it to grayboard, then putting that in.

Nick

All my attempts at attaching cloth to things was with thread or spray adhesive. I am sure the spray stuff works in some situations, but it didn't where I was trying to use it. I think my problem was all the brittle, crumbly foam that was in between the back board and the headliner fabric (when I was trying to fix the blazers headliner) It might work better on just bare metal. But at $12 a can its kinda costly just to test out.

zourtney

I got some glue a while back. Cody and I tested it on the shelf piece a few weeks ago. We did it inside, which Eve wasn't real thrilled about. But, aside from the noxious odor and stubborn adherence to my hands, it worked well. Now I'm remembering: it was spaghetti day at your grandma's that we tried it.

zourtney

So, I finally took the safe home, imperfections and all. I kind of messed up the paint on the door with my last touch up job, but it'll be ok. Next, I will try to figure out how to finish it with cloth on the interior. But for now, it's home, safe, and black.

zourtney

As expected, I'm quite a bit less interested in refinishing the interior of the safe, now that it's hidden away and in use. But I still want to do it. I'll take pictures, when I get to it, which I hope to do this week and/or next. I'll do a page on the main site (which no one will find) at sone point. Because Rabdomland needs more random content

Nick

Good to hear. Whats is it safeguarding if I can dare to ask.