• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 08:40 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

A crazy idea...

Started by Brad, Sep 26, 2010, 11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad

I actually finished decasing it last night. The wires were held in place by agiant glob of hot glue. Grrrr. I will probably still use the same case just move the control's pcb somewhere else. Going to cut holes in the bezel to put them through.

Nick

Yeah! I still have mine too. One day it will be of use again, I am sure.

The external volume control might make a nice addition to the cabinet. Unless, that is, you want to keep all the internal with only the knob part exposed.

zourtney

Man, I haven't used those speakers in several years. We should make...something!

Brad

Here is my current design for the marquee...

zourtney

Nick

Has kind of a Caesars palace feel to it, but I like it. Definitely retro looking.

Brad

The font is an imitation of the font used for this game:

Nick

Its the 'C' that does it. Its a good font for the retro feel, but the 'C' looks like this one.

Not a criticism, just an observation.

Brad

Yeah I see what you mean.

Brad

Feb 22, 2011, 08:34 PM #84 Last Edit: Feb 22, 2011, 09:32 PM by Brad
Working on a design for the control panel. Going to have costco print it for me on a 20" x 30" then cut out the 27" x 9" piece I need. It'll cost me like $9 rather than the $50 a specialty place wants. Since it is placed between the wood and plexiglass, the material it is printed on doesn't matter much.

Here is a design... going for simple so as not to obscure the buttons. Buttons graphics added to help visualize the control panel, not necessarily reflective of the exact positioning of the buttons. The colors are correct though...

Nick

I like! And only $9 for a print like that is cool.

Brad

Going to keep updating with designs as I think of them... please give feedback. Need to order soon, must have it before I can put the controls together...

zourtney

80s-style blue grid lines with a snoozy-gray background? I tried finding a picture of an 80s Toyota SR5 dashboard but found nothing. Which is unfortunate, because it was done in quintessential 80s style. You could probably make one in Illustrator in about 45 seconds. :)

Brad

No blue on the cabinet unfortunately, just greens, blacks and grays...

zourtney

No blue? No problem. But I still say nothing says retro-80s like a nice grid pattern!