• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 01:58 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

I traded in my '98 Civic

Started by Brad, Nov 18, 2010, 02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad

...and got an '07 Pilot. It is in really good condition, with 28,000 miles on it. It is the EX model so it doesn't come with DVD players, navigation systems and all that other fancy crap. But it does have pretty much everything else, including a towing package.

It drives pretty nice, much quieter on the road then my civic. Lots of room inside too.

It is a sort of metallic bluish color. Melissa has a picture up on facebook if you care.

This should be a much better camping and kids car then the little civic. Gonna have to wait a bit to take it camping thoug Melissa wont even let drink anything in the car other than water.

Nick

Nice. That should do well for a good long time. And for the navigation and all that? Who needs it built in? It costs less and you probably get a better unit with the dash mount/hand held ones.

So cool, cool. How much did you get for trade in, out of curiosity? And how much was the rig? My quest into car buying leads me to believe that dealers like to mark prices well over KBB/Edmods indexes.

Brad

We only got $1000 out of the civic. Apparently it has been in 2 accidents and been repossessed. Also had over 160,000 miles so yeah.

The pilot was 23,000 which is a little low for the mileage and condition compared to other pilots in Oregon and Washington from a dealer.

Seriously the car looks like it was driven been an elderly couple. No scratches dings or scuffs on the interior and nothing but a single rock chip and a light scatch on the outside.   

Nick

Nov 18, 2010, 03:24 PM #3 Last Edit: Nov 18, 2010, 03:31 PM by Nick
Sounds good. For only having 28,000 miles on it it better be good looking. That's hardly any use, especially if those are 'highway miles' as they say.

Cool, I look forward to you driving us all up to the snow. ;D

Edit: I see that 23,000 was the price, not the mileage.

Brad

Yeah kinda crazy that it costs so much you can mistake the price for the mileage eh? It's pretty much cars in general. They are just really expensive.

This one one was a pretty good deal in comparison to other pilots (and other cars of the same type) though. And I really didn't want to have to replace the tires, breaks and whatever is was causing the idling problem on the old civic. So yeah we got a new to us car.