• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 08:32 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

We need a crap-car

Started by zourtney, Dec 03, 2010, 07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

So, I was sitting around at work when I happened upon a particularly inspiring story about a crap car. It got me thinking about how we need to slap together some crap-vehicles and take them for a spin. Nick mentioned a little Blazer canibalization, this seems like a good start!

Ultimately, I think it would be cool to have two running crap vehicles which we could "race" wherever we can find a spare 600ft of gravel. I've heard it said that "speed is a by product of racing." I like this quote because I'm not really interested in going fast, but in learning how to control vehicles in motion and repair broken stuff. And we would, of course, spend 80+% of our time, money, and effort in maintenance, which is fine with me.

My mom still has that old BMW (nearly considered a classic by some) that we might be able to fix and abuse. It needs an engine though, amongst other things. Either way, I miss the crap-car days of old and think it'd be fun to do again.

Nick

We will have a spare blazer body if one can source an engine and tranny for it. Other then that, $500 will get you all sorts on things on craigs list. Though getting a real wheel drive something is a little harder.

I am totally up for this! I even have some cash to go part in on a clunker, or a pair of them. (sorry about the 200SXs)

We could also sell/scrap Francine  :'( ... sad as it would be she is worth at least $80 as scrap metal right now. Perhaps even more then that.

zourtney

Haha, good old Nissans from Shadydeal, WA. Yeah... :)

I wish that auction was still around. Craigslist is a good resource though. You will certainly meet interesting people. I wish I had a place to store a junker...not a German junker, though a German junker could be fun.

zourtney

#becauseracecar or something like that.  :o

Nick

Is that your twitter name or something? I am all the confused.

zourtney

Apparently it's a meme of sorts. One I can't really refute.

Nick

A brand-spanking new one at that! Cool. I can roll with that. Why? Well, because race car, of course.