• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 04:06 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Lightsaber Videos

Started by Cody, Feb 27, 2011, 10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Add giant ants to the video for decapitation?

Cody

Mar 03, 2011, 12:46 PM #31 Last Edit: Mar 03, 2011, 08:06 PM by Jacsveus
You could! As far as I have read, that program allows you to do just about any sort of visual effects you want. Rumor has it it's the stuff they use for effects and whatnot in movies and TV shows. Unfortunately I only know how to do lightsabers at the moment but I have seen some tutorials on how to do lightning and stuff. That could be cool.

And perhaps next time I get a movie to work on I will take some screenshots for tutorial making.

Edit - So I started a new video and have been taking screenshots so that I can maybe write a tutorial. On a side note, I seem to have found After Effects CS5 on Amazon from anywhere between $300 and $600. I still don't think I could justify that unless Randomland started making super awesome blockbuster quality movies or something. Which undoubtedly would be awesome but highly unlikely I'm thinking.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

Cody

Double posting so as to avoid double editing...

Kolby came over this morning and we filmed a short fight sequence. I actually like it. Not perfect or anything and we could have done better but I lost an eyebrow in the process. In the middle of editing it right now.
   --Boba Fett

Nick

I don't think there is any real convention about posting after your self. I do know that edited posts do not show up as new though. So they can slip under the radar as no emails get sent out and no RL-Crack (aka the red diamonds) shows up to alert people there is new content in a thread.

Also, how did you lose the eyebrow exactly? Are there some conventional special effects in this video?

Cody

Nothing too special in the video really. We had about two hours before he had to go to school so we just came up with something in about 20 minutes and practiced until we were ready to film it. I'm sure I am just going to do the regular lightsaber thing at this point....especially with how my head is feeling.

As for my eyebrow...we had practiced our little fight several dozen times, and as much as I might like to blame Kolby it just so happened that he moved a little too fast and I moved a little too slow. The tip of the pipe hit me in the brow and split it right open. I should probably go get stitches but I am too cheap and too lazy. I just used some of those wound closer strip things and taped it shut. Good thing it wasn't a real saber!  :P
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

Post it on YouTube! :D Yet another prime examples for the not-yet-written Randomland series: "thank goodness for brows!"

I would like to see this video. It sounds like it'll be cool!

PS: isn't it sad that cost is actually a determining factor in whether or not you go to the doctor?

Cody

Half done with the video...we'll see what I get done today. And yes, it is very sad when you don't go to the doctor because it is too expensive, even when you know you should.
   --Boba Fett

Cody

Fight scene completed. Not too bad. I was going to speed it up by about 5% or so but decided not to. Here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9iNzD1y6JY
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

Awsome! But you're sitting right here, so yeah. Make more! And post the video of Kolby and your bloody face :) that was pretty cool