• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 04:23 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Team Fotress 2

Started by Nick, Jun 27, 2011, 09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad

Been playing the halloween event TF2? You should, not too long left!

Nick

The Halloween event was fun! Headless horsemen and massive flying eyes of death.

Now the Christmas event is on! Holiday crate drops (I never open them but I have traded them for  weapons) and new weapons!

Also, double item-drop-rate week is still in effect!

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Australian_Christmas_2011

Cody

I actually have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, but it sounds interesting! I keep meaning to play the game but it never happens. I just formatted my computer and have to download it again, but maybe I can download it and give it a try fo' realz. Or something stupid like that. I see you guys playing it all the time.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

Nick

It really is fun! If you are ever in the mood for a shooter but want something light hearted that has multiple play styles and strategies then give it a try. I keep coming back to it after playing other things for a while.  Heavy and pyro are easy classes to get the hang of. Spy takes some way different approaches to be successful (Cloaking, disguising and backstabbing.) It's very active and they do holiday events!

Cody

Awesome! I had forgotten to look. Oh my tomorrow is the big day. In theory...
   --Boba Fett

Nick

http://www.teamfortress.com/mvm/

MvM is coming! It sounds like it will be like the invasion mod + RPG mod (a good combo) that was for Unreal Tournament 2K4. I lost many hours to that.

Cody

This sounds fun. Looking forward to trying it.
   --Boba Fett

Nick

I will host a MVM server for any and all that want to play. Just type connect 'randomland.net:27015' into the console of TF or use the server manager. Message me on Steam first, I don't have it set up to run all the time yet.

zourtney

Sounds like potential for fun...now, all I have to do is make time to play it.

Cody

And you should! It is lots of fun! You would make five in our little group. If we could fine one more then we would be a full group.
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

So. I get on Steam tonight...and....? Well, I sent you guys Steam friend requests. That's something, right?

Except Brad. I don't know where you are. You don't exist.

Nick

Quote from: zourtney on Aug 24, 2012, 09:55 PM
So. I get on Steam tonight...and....? Well, I sent you guys Steam friend requests. That's something, right?

Except Brad. I don't know where you are. You don't exist.

I will send you his steam name. Not on here though. And I think you sent the requests from Eves account :)

Going to kill some metal men with us?

Brad

I actually have a game to give you that Nick and I bought for you during the summer sale. My steam name is a space entity that may or may not be alive and is the 5th one of it's kind. Minus the 5.

Nick

Aug 25, 2012, 08:14 PM #29 Last Edit: Aug 25, 2012, 08:47 PM by Nick
Be warned that he is not the only one by that name. Using the last part of his email address works too.