• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 08:16 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Painting Computer Cases

Started by Nick, Jan 29, 2012, 04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Jan 29, 2012, 04:05 PM Last Edit: Jan 29, 2012, 04:20 PM by Nick
I decided to paint a rather beefy old (circa pentium II) computer case I had laying around. The case is built like a tank so I thought it would be a good candidate to keep around for a while :) I will be putting the hardware that is running Randomland.net into it.

I used standard cheapish spray-paint.

Painting it was fairly straight forward. I only had problems with one spot that had residual sticker-glue on it from some long gone label. The paint blistered up and had to be sanded off and re-applied in that area.

After painting I made a tree stencil (actually, five of them) and then added a tree to the side.

Almost done. After the last of the tree is dry I will mask it off and clean up all the over spray. I really needed to secure the paper masking better, the paint went right under its edges and got all over.

If I did it again I would have cleaned the case better to start with and made the stencil differently (made it with peep holes to tape over for lining it up better or just made one page and block off the different parts as you paint.)

Pictures!

Cody

That is pretty awesome. Reminds me of ages ago when I helped Court paint a computer case of his... I think he still has it sitting around actually.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

Brad

zourtney

Yeah, mine is still sitting in the corner of my living room. I was thinking about getting rid of it just the other day. That tree is awesome though.