• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 02:20 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

General Programming Discussion / Help Me!

Started by Brad, Feb 23, 2012, 03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad

taking a break from my usual complaining; what is the best way for me to upload an html5 javascript demo to randomland? it consists of an html file and a few javascript files.

I am no drupal expert so not sure the best way to do this. also I don't know any passwords anymore.

thanks!

zourtney

Uh wow, this is pretty old. You could probably slap it under the "files" directory. I think anything in there is readable willy-nilly.

A better way would be to set up a new virtual host not running Drupal, or use an existing one. We've got a few things running already (like the "gas" subdomain hosting that "web app").

Nick

Oops..  Sorry we didn't get back to you sooner.

But yeah, what he said. I can set you up a whole subdomain of your own if you like and you can install or load anything there that you like. Or a completely different domain can be hosted just as easily.

Brad

I have plans for a couple more HTML5/javascript games. So maybe a games.randomland.net subdomain with no drupal and just give me some ftp access.

My new goal is to actually finish things so we zhoul

Brad

Kinda funny how a phone browser error stopped me from finishing the sentence about how my goal was to finish things.

zourtney

Lol, nice. Phones.... I should get my backupbox functioning too, so I can back up things we actually put on there.

Nick

http://game.randomland.net/ is up (for me at least. Give the DNS some time to propagate if you don't see it.)

You can SFTP into the site and start adding content. There is a landing page up, just so that there is something there. Just remember to set the owner of everything you add to the user " www-data ".

Brad

Awesome! I tried typing in "Thermonuclear War" but it didn't work :)

I think this will work great... except I have no idea what my ftp password is anymore. Mind resetting it or something for me and texting/messaging me the new one?

As far as backups go... for projects of "significant" size or complexity I'll be use bitbucket for source control so there is some inherit backed-upness. Not that I'm saying that your remote data storage system wouldn't be really cool and useful.

Nick

Brad

Awesome! Randomland is now hosting my Mother's Day Centipede game at http://game.randomland.net/mothersdaycentipede/.

Until we get too much stuff I think one folder per project should work. Then we can link to it or whatever in the main randomland sit, forums, etc...

zourtney