• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 08:18 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

MineCraft

Started by Nick, Aug 21, 2012, 02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Aug 29, 2012, 01:23 PM #15 Last Edit: Aug 31, 2012, 09:44 AM by Nick
The current world files (mostly for Cody) and the program to view them (open the .dat file in the world dir with it.)

World.7z

Cody

Yes, thank you Nick. Also to Court...you should get Minecraft because it is great fun! Do anything you want to and more. Our map grows by the day.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

That actually looks like lots of fun to me. What system(s) could I join in on?

Nick

What do you mean system?

You can join in on the randomland server and do anything you like. Cody seems to like making huge structures, I seem to like making smaller ones allover with roads in between.

We would love to see you there!  All of you feel free to invite friends!

Cody

If by systems you mean different electronic devices, I believe it is available for Mac, PC, and Xbox 360. It might even be available on some portable devices. But on the latter two I do not think you would be able to join our server. Xbox has a limited world size and I am not sure it supports mods.
   --Boba Fett

Nick

Ohohohoh ok. I would recommend the PC as the best platform to run it.

zourtney

Yeah, I will try to check it out. My desktop currently only has internet when I run a cable across the hallway. So I'll see what I can do to run it on a laptop (Mac, dual boot, virtual machine, or whatever). When I get to it.

Oh, and happy laborless day!

Nick

Happy laborless day!

It runs on mac. It's java afterall. And a cheap wireless usb adapter would fix four desktop :p

Cody

There is a demo of the game if you wish to try that before thinking of purchasing it. It's the full version of the game for like 90 minutes or something. Should tell you about it on the site if you are still interested.
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

Cool, maybe I'll give it a try this weekend. Hopefully.

And Java? Really?

Nick

Yup, java. Really! 64bit JRE works best (for the huge number of blocks I assume)

Supposedly it's in java because that's what he knew how to use at the time. And from there went on to make millions and all of the indie devs jealous.

Cody

Don't know if you want to or not, but it would be cool if you could update that world file download link. I am curious to see what we have now. If it is too much trouble then don't worry about it.
   --Boba Fett

Nick

I'll see if I cant get something to zip the world up and replace the file every night. If there were better tools (perhaps there are) I could even have a overhead view of the land generated and posted too.

Nick

Updated world.7z

Cody

Awesome! Our world grows by the day. Now we just have to get Court involved in it. Assuming he has the time.
   --Boba Fett