• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 04:42 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Interesting/Unexpected Discoveries

Started by Brad, Sep 16, 2012, 08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad

Have you ever discovered something mildly interesting and/or unexpected in a game?

While playing Skryim I discovered that if you pickpocket a Forsworn Briar Heart (those forsworn that cut out their own heart and replace it with a briar heart) and take his briar heart he immediately falls over dead. The "pickpocketing" is actually reaching into the guy's open chest cavity and yanking out his heart... which is fatal of course. I think this is the only case where pickpocketing actually has any real effect on the victim (other then poisoning them with appropriate perk).

If you weren't playing a stealth character trying to build up your pickpocket skill you might never discover this (all Forsworn Briar Hearts are enemies that will attack you on sight.) Just thought it was kind of a clever touch Bethesda added.

Cody

That is pretty awesome in a disturbingly violent sort of way. I really need to play that game again.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

Nick

That's cool. And it's details like those that make the game so great.

Brad

After like 100 hours of skyrim I am still running across random strangeness. On the way from Riften to Ivarstead I ran into a necromancer on a hill who seemed to be performing his necromancy on a couple chickens. He had a little necromany shrine setup next to a basket full of eggs and two necro-chickens...

Not sure if this is vanilla game or mod related but it made me laugh.

zourtney

In the new Borderlands game, there are pizza boxes with QR codes on them. If you look it up, it's some Captain Picard(?) quote! That's my funny :)