• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 08:54 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Borderlands

Started by zourtney, Sep 19, 2012, 09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

Eve and I are currently awaiting the arrival of Borderlands 2. It should be on our doorstep soonish.

I'm not really one for shooters, or fast-paced games at all, for that matter. But the original was RPG-enough and risk/reward-enough to enjoy it with the right company. We actually have been replaying it over the past few weeks. It's going much quicker, but still enjoyable. I'm hoping that the sequel meets or exceeds that.

But it's going to be impossible to find those 8-hour stretches of gameplay anymore  :P

Cody

I bought the first one during the Steam summer sale. I have yet to play it, actually. Not sure why i I haven't. Everyone seems to think it is a good game.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

Nick

Can the PC version play with the PS3 version? If so you should join Star and I.

zourtney

Sep 20, 2012, 08:02 PM #3 Last Edit: Sep 20, 2012, 08:24 PM by zourtney
Oh how I pine for it to be! I really don't know (and this old iPhone is too slow and single-tasked for me to ask Google at the moment).

The cynic in me says "no". The console companies tend to act like there is no network outside of theirs. But it's 2012, and I really want to be past that...just let me play on my system(s) of choice, guys*.

* again I contemplate the merits of the oft-chided plural form of "you"

Nick

Come on. Ya' know you want to. Just say it. Y'all. :)

Frioevie

Lol, nick you are funny! Do you guys like the PC version?? I've never really played a PC gam before, not sure if I can get used to using a mouse! Our game is here in panama city, but not supposed to be delivered until Monday :(

Sent from my {amazing windows phone} using Board Express

Nick

We play it on the PS3. Or were you asking Cody?

zourtney

We got it for the PS3 too :)

Frioevie

Oh!! Did you guys get the ps3 version of borderlands 2? I misunderstood you oops!   

Sent from my {amazing windows phone} using Board Express

Nick

No we have the ps3 version of the first game.

Cody

I started playing the first one last night. All I have encountered so far is a creepy doctor, an insane robot and a few people and creepy dogs. No idea what is going on yet really. Though people do seem to hide money and ammo in the strangest places....
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

Meh, toilets and safes both have hinges and a big flat thing which closes a cavity. I can see how you can mix the two up. Tricky stuff.

Cody

I finally found some of those toilets! Haven't been playing it too much but I have managed to get to a point where I get to zoom around in a little car with machine guns. Unlocked some mission boards or whatever too.  So far so interesting...even if the graphics are a bit strange. Different can be good.

....and that phasewalking thing is pretty awesome for the record!
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

Is that the "siren" thing where you hold people in the air?

Eve and I are playing Borderlands 2 right now. Fun and true to the original game.

This morning, we found a pizza box in the game with a QR code on it. So we zoomed in on it and looked it up using her phone. Pretty funny!

Cody

Yes, it is the Siren class. I'm not sure about the holding in the air part...could be a later skill or something. It lets you turn into a ghost and move really fast to escape enemies and stuff and releases some sort of wave that damages them.

From what I have seen so far the second game would be fun to have...I just don't want to pay $60 for it.
   --Boba Fett