• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 05:05 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

What should I get?

Started by zourtney, Mar 09, 2013, 08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

It's that time again -- car wanting time. (which seems to be loosely tied to the onset of spring)Most recently, I have been wanting a truck (which is nothing new, of course). Something I can throw some family in and drive down some soggy, sandy backroads. Or bash around until I find some remote patch of pines to spend the afternoon in. I've been looking at the 10 - 15 year old F-150s because they're almost cheap enough to afford.But then again, a smaller car would definitely be more practical for the everyday uses (work-goings). But yeah.So: what should I get? :)

Brad

You could compromise between truck and car and get some sort of SUV. A lot of those things are 4 wheel or all-wheel drive anymore.

zourtney

True. I'm not as opposed to that as I once was, apparently. Really, my only my only requirement is that it holds more than two people and it's pre-beat-up enough that I don't mind driving it places where branches and rocks are going to hit it.That opens my options up a bit...

zourtney

I made an unexpected friend today: a decade-old Focus SVT. I test drove the little 2 door, 6spd, 170ish hp car this afternoon and rather enjoyed it. Understated, zippy, and nimble, and they all came in 6spd manuals; that checks quite a few boxes on my list. Plus, they seem to have a good reputation and following. This is essentially a European Ford -- which means it might not suck. Only time will tell if she be mine...

Nick

Cool. Glad to hear you are getting back into manual mode :)

zourtney

I definitely want to, unless I just get a big truck or something. Manual is so much more fun to drive, and they're getting harder and harder to find...