• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 08:36 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Starbound

Started by Nick, Dec 12, 2013, 02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

I got Starbound. Set up a server and made a character. Got killed 14 times before I managed to dig a hole and kill some shield-headed dinosaur looking creature. Now it's night and I have a fire and meat.

Interesting looking game, even if it's in the beta stages.  I wonder how the multiplayer works.

Nick

You  should all get this game. Seriously. It is a nice mix of terraria and the old starflight game. It is way far from finished but it already has a good depth. I am looking forward to seeing where development ends up.

You should all join my multiplayer server! I tested it over my cells data connection and it does not seem to suffer the lag problems that terraria did.

Cody

I've tested the multiplayer too and it seems to function well enough. One of these days I'll have to get back on and play with you guys. I'm still mostly waiting for that dreaded character wipe.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

Nick

I'm prepared for it. I am ready for a new character. And I think I might take a little more time before racing up the tech ladder. Once you have the best gear there is nothing left to do but search for gun merchants or something. The mining and teching-up portions are great so far. But they need some kind of other goal other then just getting better gear. As the only reason to get the better gear is to get to planets that have the ore for even better gear. And that loses it's charm after a bit. It is defiantly not yet finished.

zourtney

Dumb question...is this is a Steam game or a free download?

Nick

It is on steam. There are also a few other places to buy it. It's only 15 on steam. They aren't out of their first beta stage yet.

Nick