• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 06:04 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

November Camping?

Started by Cody, Oct 25, 2009, 02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cody

So now that everything seems to be in order and Anna should be here on the 12th I was wondering about that whole camping thing. She really wants to go and I think it would be fun too. Any chance you still want to head up there to the mountains around then for a little winter camping adventure, Nick? Or anyone else too for that matter?
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

Nick

I should be good to go. I should have some fleece foot-warmers made by then do I don't lose any toes during the night :) Maybe a bag to, to use inside a sleeping bag. And a camera perhaps. I might like to borrow yours for a day if you don't mind. Then I could decide if I want to spend all the money for a new one or get last years model at half the cost.

zourtney

I will likely sit this one out. But I can't be sure yet.

Cody

I'm sure you could borrow it for a day if you wanted to. I can always bring my big camera and take pictures with that instead even though it's not quite as convenient. Sorry about your camera though...I keep meaning to send you an email or something but keep getting distracted. Last I remember the bag was in the front seat with you at The Hose or that hole where the car used to be...after that I'm not sure. Sorry I didn't keep a better eye on it...
   --Boba Fett

Nick

Its not your fault. And I wouldn't want to borrow your camera while we were camping. It would do it when its more convenient for you. How happy are you with it? I cant decide if its worth the extra $100 to get a new one (with a warranty) and have the image stabilization. Or go for a used or refurbished one of the older model without that feature and less, if any warranty.

Cody

Granted this is a bit off the camping subject...kind of. I'm mostly happy with it. The image quality is certainly less than that of my Canon. Everything likes to be slightly out of focus or blurry it seems. It does it's job though for a pocket camera and is near indestructible. As for the image stabilization, don't spend extra money for that feature for sure! I haven't turned mine on for more than a picture or two since about a week after I got the camera. All it manages to do is make everything really really blurry...despite what it's name implies. Personally? Unless you want an underwater camera, go Canon.
   --Boba Fett

Gondaro

I am totally excited for this november camping thing, and have told everyone I know that I am going camping in the snow. I have now convinced everyone at work and in my family that I am at least 23.56% more insane than they were already aware of.

zourtney

Haha, nice :) And welcome!

Camping in the snow is quite fun. And it most definitely beats the pants off of camping in the rain. That sucks. Anyone want to go scour the land for Christmas trees?

Nick

So whats the word? Aside from 'November' and 'camp-camp'?

Cody

So far as I know Anna should still be here in less than a week. Assuming neither of us gets sick or dies from the swine flu or something the sooner the better I would say. The news says there is feet of snow falling in the mountains. :o
   --Boba Fett

Nick

As Z-man said, better then the rain. Though snow rather limits what you can do in a day. 

zourtney

The short days also limit how much you can do in a day. Be prepared to go to bed at 6:30  :P

Speaking of sick, Eve is sick...

Nick

Thats too bad. Hope its not the porcine epidemic that's been going around. I'm not sure how to tell if you have it or not because it has the same systems as the regular flu  :-\

Nick

Do you have a date yet for the Great White November camping trip yet? Just so I can be sure to be free around that time.

Looks like there will be snow!

Cody

No not really. Whenever the weather is nicest I suppose. I will talk to Anna about it more tomorrow or the next few days.
   --Boba Fett