• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 12:05 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

November Camping?

Started by Cody, Oct 25, 2009, 02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Camp camp.

There was recently snow in Detroit :)

Cody

We need to go soon I think. Both of us want to go and if the weather is even remotely nice and you have free time we should do it. That's what I say.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

Ya know, you guys on running out of November....

Nick

I am more or less ready to go whenever. The blazer needs a little help though if we were to take it, it is a little leaky and a little powerless (battery). And from what I hear, you don't have to go far to find lots of snow.

zourtney

Detroit was nothing but rain on the way home yesterday. The upper hills were clearly snow-covered, but I think you'd have to go above Elk Lake altitude to sleep on a blanket of snow. I could be wrong, though. It seemed like it warmed up a lot yesterday, so even some of that snow might have melted. The snow turned to rain a good half-hour before we hit Detroit, as we drove west on Hwy 22 yesterday...but I'm not sure what the elevation change was.

Nick

Richard and Brent were scouting for deer yesterday and got stuck in the snow :) they were up by that gravel pit where we tried to go paint balling a few weeks ago. There is apparently a foot or two there so it must be higher then Detroit.

zourtney

Oh nice :) I want to plan a time and go play in some snow. Maybe boarding, sledding, or tubing. I probably should fix my boots or get new ones, though.

Nick

This camping trip might have to just become a day trip. Thanksgiving and my mom's birthday and coming up fast so I guess until after those pass I cant stay in the woods very long.

zourtney

I didn't really plan on going, but I would be up for a day trip. We could even scout the lands for a Christmas tree.

zourtney

Dudes, it's the 3 of Decembuary. You missed November by days.

Nick

Yup. November 2009 is dead and gone. Just a rotting corpse on the wayside.  December has taken its place. Our new chilly master commands us out into the open with brisk air and the promise of fluffy water.