• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 07:31 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Good salsa and other recipes

Started by Nick, May 17, 2010, 12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

I have been finding a bit of joy in making salsa and guacamole recently. The work of cutting and mixing is a simple and pleasant task.  Just remember to keep you fingers off your face for a while afterwords :)

And as of lately the salsa has been getting better in flavor. I have found that it is best to cut up all the peppers you want in it and then start with the tomatoes.

Mine consists of
1 or 2  Jalapeno (For flavor more then spice)
1 Spicy pepper (the hotter this pepper, the hotter your salsa will be)
1 large or two small bell peppers. For color and flavor.
An appropriate looking bunch of cilantro. More or less to your taste.
As many tomatoes as it takes to make it look salsaish. Five of them is a good place to start.
A tea spoon or so of lime juice. This helps preserve the salsa and brings out more flavors from the peppers then you would get otherwise.

Finely chop, dice or puree everything and mix it up. The taste will reach an apex of goodness after two or three days in the fridge. Probably less if left out in the sun, but I wouldn't recommend that. The flavor will keep evolving for about a week if kept cold. After that I wouldn't keep it around. Time to make more!

What are your recipes for salsa, or anything else you want to share?

zourtney

That's awesome..! I don't have any recepies of my own yet, but it sounds like fun. Your salsas are yum.

Cody

"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

Nick

We ate it all over the weekend. But I am sure there will be more soon enough. :)