• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 03:00 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Dude. We need to go camping.

Started by Nick, Jun 04, 2008, 09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

I would be up for several more before the end of the year. A backpacking trip sounds interesting. I would have to buy some new equipment for that as there is no way I am packing my current sleeping bag on my back. A light weight tent might be nice too.

zourtney

It never hurts to reiterate that which is true: Dude, we need to go camping.

Eve will be working weekends, starting next weekend (Aug 7-8). That sucks, but it means we could probably slip away for a camp-camp any time. When works for you?

Nick

I am house sitting in washington this next week. You could come up and we could do some p-town park riding or hiking. Steve was saying that if we went camping over in eastern Oregon someplace he would drive over and meet us. I am still liking the 9-9-09 backpacking idea. I want to try a "pack light" trip and see what will be necessities before we traips off into the woods and find we need something that we don't have. 

O... and I broke the email system on this server.... so there will be no forum update emails for a while. I was trying to get it setup correctly so gmail would stop flagging it all as spam. 

zourtney

Oh. So that's why my email intake has been ominously parse as of late... Nothing important, just forum topic notification and junk mail and the like.

I burned my tongue on chili.

09-09-09 is very much a Wednesday, so this trip might need to be revised as the "week of nine-oh-nine x three light camp." But still, I'm there.

Nick

The actual randomland email addresses are handled by godaddy. Its just a forward to your main email. The only email that is being stopped in the forums own outgoing email.

zourtney

Hmm, well my zourtney@randomland and my junk-mail one has not been forwarding me stuff for a while, so I'm not sure what the deal is...But none of that matters if we go camping (for a few days).

Nick

No email in the mountains. No phone calls from the sky. Only sweet sounds of waterfalls and poker in your eye. Or something.

CAMP CAMP.  So, "when?" is all I ask.

zourtney

Hmm....well, Nine oh None is just around the corner. Eve and I are escaping at the end of September, but maybe we could squeeze in a weekend trip? The second weekend of the month would be a no-no (anniversary realm), but maybe the weekend after that.

Nick

2009-9-(4,5,6) maybe? Or more 18 19 20 ... ? I am getting campo fever. And the cloudy weather makes it worse. The sun seems to make me more apathetic about things like camping. I am content to toil in the dirt and the rocks helping with peoples projects. But milder weather make me want woodsy isolation from city lights and throngs of annoying people and cars.  (People seem to be getting to me lately, especially those in cars.)

Camp camp? I am game as they say. Geocaches need placed, and I have some ideas for a nice cache container.

zourtney

Me too! Why is that a cool, overcast day drives out the camperman in me? It's September now (holy cow); we should definitely squeeze in a little camping trip. I'll see if Eve can stand me being away for a few weekend days -- I'm sure she can. This weekend won't work because I'm watching my Dad's dog (who ate a ton of chocolate and was puking and crazy-hyper all night, last night) until Sunday. So yeah, I'll try to come up with a more definitive date.

Nick

Sep 01, 2009, 08:42 PM #40 Last Edit: Sep 02, 2009, 11:15 AM by Nick
Sorry to hear about the dog. Hope he is OK.

So should we do a test run on the extra light camping? Perhaps even try back packing?

Hmmm. I propose going to that one lake that you can only walk into for access. And pack like we were backpacking (no 20 gallons of water :) )
And see how we fair.

zourtney

I like the sound of that. It'll be a stretch, but a good one.

Nick

zourtney

Sep 04, 2009, 10:13 PM #43 Last Edit: Sep 04, 2009, 10:16 PM by zourtney
Keep up the drumbeat of campmania.

And they're not really pants; they're lederhosen!

Nick