• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 02:21 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Netflix

Started by zourtney, Apr 24, 2009, 11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

I think the flix and been on the spazz as of late. I only ever get the lowest quality of video, but that almost always come in clear. But recently there have been times when even that was unusable. Looking at the network traffic showed netflix giving me somewhere in the upper 30K area, not the 150K my connection will handle. There was no other traffic trying to download anything at the same time.  Its bound to happen once and a while I guess. They get overloaded (think of all the people giving/getting netflix for Christmas or whatever) or they might just have had some link issues. Either way, after about 9:30 last night it was working ok for me.

zourtney

I got this strange urge to watch The Matrix like it's 1998! I bet Netflix could give me a fix...

Then again, I probably have better things to do with two hours of my life...like camping! For which I vote "end o' month"

Nick

We have it. You can borrow it if you like. Or get together with people and watch it sometime. I'll bring a pizza!

zourtney

Nick

Brad

I got my Netflix Wii disc in the mail yesterday. It works really well actually. The only issue I can see with it is that you can't choose from their all their shows to watch, just whatever you've put in your "Instant View Queue". Of course, you could use the web browser on the Wii to put movies into your queue. Using a laptop or pc to do it isn't all that difficult actually.

The interface is easy, and the shows load quickly without any pauses or anything while playing.

Nick

Why do they do that, limit you to your queue?! Its pointless and annoying.

zourtney

The xbox version does a similar thing. They've recently added a "suggested just for you!" screen, but it's still limited. I think you should be able to search the entirety of Netflix. I mean, why not? Are the developers just lazy? Or is there a more legitimate reason?

Nick

Probably something to do with licensing agreements and layers. Or something along those lines.

zourtney

Seems likely.

I, too, go. My Wiiflix disc. Haven't tried it yet. We'll see if it's a valid replacement for streaming movies through that hulking, wind sucking Xbox.

Nick

QuoteI, too, go. My Wiiflix disc.

Is that some sort of poetry? :)

Cody

Funny isn't it...Hollywood Video is going out of business now and it's all thanks to Netflix! Funnier that we were just talking about how they were going to die soon anyways yesterday. Though I suppose you all could have heard about the Hollywood thing before me. But yeah, bye Hollywood Video.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

Nick

You can always rent your movies at McDonald's.