• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

What is with google adding random people to your contacts.

Started by Nick, Nov 19, 2009, 09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Every time I email anyone with any kind of connection to a gtalk account, they get added to my contact list! (talking the google talker list, not my email correspondents, which is fine) So now I have random craigslist people who I was trying to buy a car from, random craigslist people who I was talking to about a playstaytion and other just generally random people! Some of the last group are there on purpose though.

So google, ask me before adding people who I might not even know/like!

Brad

Nick

Brad

After analyzing your e-mails, web searches and websites you've visited Google has determined that you need to meet more people. Therefore it is actively trying to give you new contacts to talk to.

Either that or Google is stupidly assuming you want to chat with everyone you e-mail.

zourtney

I've always found it annoying how people get added to you gtalker's contact list. It adds them, removes them, and reorders them all autocrapically. Back in the heyday of my IM usage, I would keep contacts in a certain order. Apparently Google has deemed such functionality unimportant.

Nick

Pidgin will do that :) Saves the order and you can make groups.

zourtney

Yeah, so why do both the GTalker and the web browser version not do this? Darn googlers.