• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Apr 30, 2024, 04:41 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Randomland.net - Test Site Discussion

Started by Nick, Apr 18, 2010, 04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Soon! Maybe. I hope. We should bring some tarps and get some campcamp in regardless the weather.

Nick

So, a basic gallery is working on the WP test site http://test.randomland.net/wp/galleries/ . I edited the media-tag templates so things look 10% nicer. Still not a finished product, but useable.

All this is well and good, but I have found that wordpress does not support synonyms in their taxonomies (they hardly support taxonomies at all, really) and this is a point of annoyance for me. So a picture tagged tree and one tagged trees will create separate gallery sections rather then appearing as one.
This won't be a problem if people are careful tagging things, but could lead to some frustration and maintenance in the future.

Grrrr. Does no one share our vision!

zourtney

I somehow missed this post...anyway, I know there ate things out there to alias urls. I suppose that's different than tags, but yeah. I haven't really had time to mess with this stuff lately. :( I'll try to check it out soon...so I at least know what's going on!

zourtney

I just installed the WordPress app on my phone and made a test post. Pretty sweet. We should try some content shuffling! And wrapping up whatever it was we were doing with the images.

Nick

Sep 28, 2012, 02:35 PM #214 Last Edit: Sep 28, 2012, 02:51 PM by Nick
I played with drupal 7 a little again today. There is a working (if slightly broken) bulk upload module available. It has fewer features then the one we used to use, but is young and being developed. At the moment there is no menu item for the upload page.... there is a bug report for that too.

But I managed to find the page to upload files:
http://drup7.randomland.net/?q=admin/content/media/bulk_upload/
Username: root
Password: Something to do with super rice....

Remember to hit "Start upload" under the upload box before hitting "Create Nodes"

It takes you to a page to edit details of the new nodes. It would be nice if the fields were exposed on this page so you didn't have to click 'edit' for each item. Adding taxonomy fields to the image node (I will do this soon) will allow you to set a default set of terms for all the images uploaded and then you would have to add terms to individual files if you wanted more terms, but only on some items.

With this, taxonomy terms and views we can create as good of a gallery as we had before. The only reason  not to move to the sevens now is lazytimes.

Edit (again) I added a shortcut to the content creation page (as they made it so easy that I could not resist) so there is easy access to the bulk page now.