• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Apr 30, 2024, 11:45 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Moichandising! Moichandising!

Started by Nick, Feb 18, 2011, 10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Feb 18, 2011, 10:44 AM Last Edit: Feb 21, 2011, 03:43 PM by Nick
"Moichandising! Moichandising!1"
- As quoted from Zourtney, who was quoting Space Balls.

Lets open the possibility of randomland to make a very, very, small amount of cashola.

I present to you : The RandomNets CafePress store.
Now the masses can purchase overpriced, randomland-branded t-shirts and mugs!

It needs more designs and some work. But its better quality then we could do ourselves. There are other shirt printers online that have better prices that I will look into. I don't expect anyone to ever buy anything, but it might be fun. And I might order one myself.

Update!!!!!

These are the sites that have a Randomland presence, so far:

zourtney

Oh heck yeah! That's awesome :) Can they do stickers? I'd be up for some new prints of the "Subtletrees" (thin white outlined trees). Cool cool.

Cody

That is awesome! I agree. I might would just have to order one of them myself! (let us not comment on the incredibly horrible structure of that sentence, please)
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

Nick

I am going to be adding more designs soon. Simple trees and the long form randomland logo. Also, I will set up one or more of the other shirt stores, I think they might cheaper.

zourtney

We should offer the Francine shirt. It's classic.

Nick

I agree. Put up any images/logos/phrases that you would like to see on the shirts here and I will put them up.

Or, just ask and I will let you know the details on how to add them yourself.

The files should be PNG and 1700 pixels on their longest side. This makes for good scaling.

Nick

We now have another store to contrast and compare with. It has more variety but perhaps a different quality on some items then the cafepress store. I have set this one to add no commission to the prices (so we make nothing if something sells) If we set a $3 commission the shirts they are about the same price as the cafepress store. Not that we will ever sell any. Except maybe to ourselves.

http://www.printfection.com/randomnets

Everything is double sided, so I threw a lone tree on the backs of mugs, cups and a few shirts.

Nick

Yet another one. And I think there is another that I will set up once I get home.

http://randomnets.spreadshirt.com/ <- The hoodies on this one can be gotten as low as $28 without commission.

Cody

Awesome, I want that mouse pad! Okay not really. I have about a half dozen mouse pads lying around and I can only ever use one at a time, but it's still cool. And even though I don't think I could justify $35 for a shirt, that hooded sweatshirt is pretty cool.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

Yeah, I like the hooded sweatshirt too. Although it's pretty expensive. The bag might be cool too, but only if it was embroidered or something, not just screen-printed. That sounds substantially more difficult to automate, so I'm pretty sure they don't offer that sort of stuff.

I'll dig around for Patito art and stuff.

Nick

They have (or used to have) a cool machine at the mall that would embroider hats and shirts and such with an image of your choice.

It really is too bad that there is no decent options for at-home printing. Perhaps we should just contact a local screen printer and see how much it is to get a few things printed on.

zourtney

Eve's stepmom has one of those embroidery machines. They're quite the schizzle. I'm sure there's a way to make a file that you can load on to it, but....well....yeah.

Anyway, I'm not sure where my Randomland shirt art went. Surely it's on one of my drives...somewhere.

Brad

Melissa's mom has one too. I think it can hook up to a computer. Would be interesting to try.

Nick

That would be cool. Do some CNC embroidery! It would be nice to know what format the image file has to be in. I could get started converting them.