• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Apr 30, 2024, 10:18 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Randomland needs a new logo

Started by admin, May 16, 2008, 09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Please! Ideas and drafts for a new randomland logo. And logos for the sub domains!

zourtney

May 19, 2008, 11:08 AM #1 Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 07:56 PM by zourtney
By the way, the (sub)domains are (or will be):

• www (main site)
  • dev(elopment)
  • forum
  • games
  • motors
  • music
  • opinion
  • photo
  • rec(creation)

For descriptions, click here: http://forum.randomland.net/index.php?topic=4.msg5#msg5

zourtney

May 19, 2008, 08:49 PM #2 Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 08:53 PM by zourtney
This is an old crappy:

Logo Album

Nick

Forum logo ideas...

A little small... but with a reflection

Bi-level

Bi-level with reflection

Nick

And another.

Bigger version of the one up now....

zourtney

It's not real refined. That's kind of the point.

Nick

I think the 'RandomLand' that was carved into the table would make a nice Header/Banner. I might make a quick example later on. After I am done doing .... stuff...

Nick

Jun 02, 2008, 10:14 PM #7 Last Edit: Jun 09, 2017, 12:01 PM by Nick
Here are some more mock-ups. Let me know what you think and what needs changed. Or if they just don't work.
Fixed (some) imperfections during carving. Didn't blur the wood and saturated the letters

Blurred the wood to accentuate the letters and for effect, fixed the carving a little and some saturation on the letters.

Pure unadulterated original cropped from a full image. No scaling done, that's all the bigger it is.

zourtney

Let us not forget: Randomland needs a new logo!

Nick

Nick

Nov 09, 2008, 11:31 PM #10 Last Edit: Nov 09, 2008, 11:42 PM by Nick
Its late. I feel like crap. And my head is throbbing again. So obviously I decided to try my hand at another logo.

And here it is.  [Edit] Plus another.

zourtney

Nick

Here is another logo idea.

"RL Circle"

zourtney

my initial reaction is "heck yeah!"

It could use some refining, but it's simple, to the point, and green (in a way completely void of socioeconomical and political connotations)!

Nick

What refining might you suggest? I picked the font because it reminded me of trees. The colors were more or less randomly selected. Might be nice with an outer black border in addition to the brown. Not that you would see that on a black background. So it would need tailored to fit its use (background colors and match other colors.)

Darker? Lighter? Purpler?