• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Apr 30, 2024, 03:30 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Randomland needs a new logo

Started by admin, May 16, 2008, 09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

I think I was thinking lighting effects. At least, at that size. If it were smaller, say under 150px, that'd probably be just fine. Sorry, I'm hypercritical.

Nick

I make them big with the intent of resizing later. Easier to work with. I could see a little texture added or some gloss on the letters though. Though I get a mental picture of lens flairs when you say lighting :)

Nick

zourtney

Coolness with the sticker.

I did a crappy, crappy mock-up of what you could make a site look like with the logo in the upper left. Please tell me how much you hate it.

Nick

AAAA! Department of forestry! Except that looks better then their site.  Its nice. I didn't even think to use it like that. When I started I was just experimenting. The whole thing was orange to start with and I was turning the half-life lambda into an "R" for a look-alike logo to use as a favicon. And that was because some parts website had a little yellow favicon that reminded me of the lambda.. then I found a cool font, and the whole thing is green and brown from there.  I will make some more goodies tonight. I have a little homework to finish, but its mostly done. So when I get back from Ricard's mom's house....

Nick

Feb 25, 2009, 08:47 PM #20 Last Edit: Feb 25, 2009, 08:56 PM by Nick
Something close to that might be a good theme for the rec site......

let me know if you want the psd file for that. Its a little easier to work with. Unless you are using gimp or something. Then nothing can help you.
...except maybe this : http://www.gimpshop.com/index.shtml I was looking for a different linuxy editor and found that.

Nick

And like...more.

Of course these are all just ideas. A theme could be made around any of them or we could design a theme around having a random banner shows each time. Each sub domain could even have their own banner pool if we wanted.  The wood one didn't turn out like I wanted. I was going to go more with spray-painted on a fence, but it turned into a table carving for some reason :) Though, I rather like the first one. And the second one needs more refining. So it looks like a real sign a little more. Like some texture and edges that don't look cut off.

zourtney

Chime!

I'm growing ever fonder of the "RL Seal." That is, the round, green guy. I propose "Operation Department of Randomocity" Which would be...making a theme around that logo.

I could knead the WordPress theme to use it. See how that turns out, I suppose. Yea? Nay?

Nick

Sure, but only if we are going to stick with Wordpress.  If we are switching to another CMS then I would think you would just play with that one. Sorry I haven't been up to much on the site. It seems that even in unemployment there are far too many thing that keep me busy.

zourtney

Quote from: Nick on Mar 26, 2009, 09:50 AM
It seems that even in unemployment there are far too many thing that keep me busy.

So true, so true. I'm all for trying another CMS. And I'm all for making Randomland less of a mess.

Nick

Not sure if there will be any less mess. But we can try. :)

zourtney

Admin note: this discussion has unintentionally moved to http://randomland.net/sites/all/modules/smfforum/index.php?topic=33.0. Please post all replies there.

(I know, it's just me and Nick here...)

Nick

Huh? Why? That is the new article suggestion.. this is the "randomland needs a new logo" thread. I'm confused.

Nick

I'm still confused about that link above... its now broken by the way.

But anyway.... I have been toying with springy designs for the forum logo.

Tell me what you think. :