• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Apr 30, 2024, 07:50 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

New Tagline

Started by zourtney, Mar 25, 2009, 01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

Mar 25, 2009, 01:56 PM Last Edit: Sep 20, 2009, 10:46 AM by zourtney
Back in prehistoric times (c. 2003?) I came up with Randomland's current tagline, "The Vortex of Stupidity and Ingenuity."

Ironically, this was quite lacking in its ingenuity since I adapted it from some long-gone Lexus* commercial I saw on TV while standing in Nick's room, paying barely half-attention to his HTML coding. I remember it quite clearly.**

Anyway, even the most boring of companies find it pertinent to change their slogans from time to time. I am proposing an open forum here. Spew out any ideas you have for a new tagline. Visually, Randomland should be getting a Drupal or Joomla backend make-over some time soon. And, with it, the front end is going to look a little different too. It seems like this would be a good time to put up a new slogan (which I'm sure is oft ignored).

* Lexus, I'm pretty sure. Could have been some other fancy car company's commercial quite easily, though.
** This does not necessarily validate its factual accuracy

Edit: 09-20-2009, we have changed the tagline to "Lost Amongst the Stars" for the time being. Making this topic un-sticky.

zourtney

Just to start it off:

Something along the lines of, "What Green Is Supposed to Mean" with pictures of trees and stuff.

Nick

Yeah. I like the way you are thinking. In addition I would like to express my fondness of random header images and slogans. We need not have only one slogan. We can have many slogans. But let not the slogans have many sites for that is plagersey!  .. Or something.

And in regards to your adapting something else: Satire is in its self an art form. Even if it is the art of distortion upon other arts.  In addition: Nothing is new. Everything there is to say has been said in one form or another. Every good idea is just an alteration of some other good idea.

Anyway. Here goes.

Randomland: The good, the bad and the broken.

zourtney

Ok, probably NOT this one:

Randomland: The Upper Crust
(Dry, Bland, and Inevitable)

Nick

Haha. Nice.

Randomland: Error: Unable to connect to RANDOM_WIT server.

or even Randomland:  Lacking a definite plan, purpose, or pattern

zourtney

QuoteRandomland:  Lacking a definite plan, purpose, or pattern

That one is good. I like.

(Also, I really want to go camping. I need some woods.)

zourtney

"Good Clean Fun in the Dirt"

Nick

OH! THAT'S A PAIR OF DUCKS!

zourtney

"Satire Is [a/the] Remedy"

zourtney

"Like a Fence without Posts"

(slightly funnier if you associate "post" with website content)

zourtney

"The Internet's 7-11" (only cheaper!)

zourtney

Ok, I like this one (or something along these lines):

"Filling Space Between the Stars"
"Filling the Void Between Stars"
"Taking Up [a] Space Between Stars"

It is kind of a self-deprecating admission that Randomland is nothing special. We are a mere nothing amongst thousands of more popular ("Star") websites. Plus, the metaphor is totally universal.*

* Bad pun (intended)

Nick

Randomland:
Stuck in the intertubes.

Randomland.net
Its better then the .com

(A variation on zourtneys)
Randomland
Lost between the stars.

Randomland.net
A dim point in the distance.

Randomalnd.net
No, your mother probably didn't warn you about us.

And finally:

Randomland.net
   "Probably infested with ants"

zourtney

Quote from: Nick on Jun 01, 2009, 05:15 PM
(A variation on zourtneys)
Randomland
Lost between the stars.

+1 (as they say)
:)

Nick

Randomland:
Recommended by 5 out of 10 cheese mongers!