• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

What ever happened to the WorldCraft tutorials and stuff?

Started by zourtney, Nov 04, 2009, 03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

Long ago, we had Cody's WorldCraft tutorials up on Randomland. It was perhaps the only article which brought legitimate traffic to our site. We should dig that back up.

And Cody: I know you have worked on Fallout 3 maps. Post them! And a short tutorial! It'd be great! You'll love it! Did I mention that we're going on tour? October 19th! That date just keeps--

Oh wait.

I am SO lame[wad]...hello.

I'm done.

Nick

Whats happening on October 19? That's (now) a long time from now. 

We should get those things back up. People are still linking to the images from that tutorial (not that it is doing them any good) and people DID come and read them once upon a time.

Lets have em!

zourtney

I probably have it on a hard drive somewhere. Maybe if I dig it up and put in Cody's lap, he will polish it up. Randomland is actually missing all of its prized content...The Francine story is in better shape than most, but it is missing pictures on most of the pages...

zourtney

Ok, I found the pages but I'm still not sure where the pictures went to. I might not have a copy of them.

I also found a lot of other dumb content, such as the ever-so-popular "Rice Your Ride (in under one paycheck!)" text. But, like the WorldCraft tutorial, the images are missing.

Cody

Someone needs to come poke me and give me a good detailed walkthrough on how to make pages. I could certainly do a very basic Fallout 3 G.E.C.K tutorial without too much problem...assuming I still remember how to use it. I could probably even throw together some lame maps to go with it...and some real basic texturing and even model editing tutorials. Aaah the ideas...
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

Maybe I'll come over tomorrow. I need to change a few oils anyways.

Creating a drupal article is as easy as slicing cheese! ....However, creating it properly, in a fully integrated way that makes sense is about as easy as navigating a hot air balloon through Mordor in a lightning storm (but, hey, do they have any other types of weather? I don't think so!)

Anyway, I can show you how. The key is to log in and go to "Create Content" from the sidebar. Select the bottom-most option; I think it is "page" or something.

I can bring over my old, old copies of the WorldCraft tutorial text. It ain't pretty, but I have the files. I'm not sure where the pictures are, though.