• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 05:19 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Dude. We need to go camping.

Started by Nick, Jun 04, 2008, 09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

Oh yeah...you'd eat hot dogs and ketchup and French fries for breakfast, or something. Ack. What else should we bring?

Nick

Where was that camping check list? An aluminum fry pan. Or cast iron if we don't have to carry it tooooooo far.

Food-wise I think dried fruit is a good idea and perhaps some granola bars and crackers for pocketables. Jerky? Pancake mix? Pancake in a can? Eggs bacon cinnamon paprika all spice and toast?

zourtney

Hmm, I thought it was somewhere amongst the Google docs, but now I can't find it. Maybe it was on my personal account, not the RL one. Or maybe it's just elusive when I'm in a car...

Nick

So far this is what I have ready food-wise.

5 frozen hamburger patties.
Frozen chicken patties (any number we want)
Several packs of frozen sausages.
*Chili and canned beans if we want them*
Half an onion
Tomatoes
Lettuce
Instant coffee
Hot chocolate mix in packets.
Instant oatmeal
Cereal - 1 box (Little sweetened square things)
Some oatmeal breakfast bars
*Eggs if we want them*
*Frozen breakfast sausage patties if we want them*
Ice (lots of it)
Beverages (Any requests?)
Dried apricots and apples (Thanks to my grandma)

For supplies I have
A aluminum pot
A small aluminum griddle (Its so tiny and square!)
Stanley hands (several pairs)
Two different gas burners (Propane and butane)
A gas grill
Paper plates
Paper towels
Fully stocked first aid kit (resupplied it this year)
Plastic cutlery
Can opener
Coolers coming out the ears.
Soap and wash rags

All of this will easily fit into the blazer at the moment.

What else do we need?

Brad

Nick

I figured everyone would bring their own. I have one big enough for all of us though.

Brad

I don't have a small tent. And Courtney probably doesn't have one. So one of us should probably bring a tent for all of us.

zourtney

Two mediumish ones might be best, if we can round two up. And yeah, mine's kind of, um, out of town.

Nick

I have all options covered. I have two small two person tents (really one person) and my tent as well as a huge 6-person tent that would work fine (and I have set it up by myself, so it's easy) Or I have a four person tent as well and we can take a smaller one to keep food in (take that chipmunks!)

I keep finding rather nice tents at garage sales for real cheap... so I have a couple.

Brad

Nick

You all look at the lakey area I posted above? We could try to camp around there, or go where we were last year (Round lake) and then drive to anything interesting that we want to visit. Or give the hose a visit. Or keep on into the mountains and see what there is.

What do you all think?

zourtney

Jul 24, 2013, 08:35 PM #416 Last Edit: Jul 25, 2013, 11:24 AM by zourtney
The lakey area looks pretty cool, although specifically, I'm not sure where (and we probably shouldn't advertise it on the interwebs anyway). Some of those might be unimpresssive, when you get near them, but that means fewer people. I'm guessing the unimproved areas don't allow camp fires, considering how dry it's been :/

Nick

Shall we decide on the ride up then?

Brad

That works for me. So long as we have a general idea of where we are going.

Nick

Are we going to try packing tonight?