• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 06:04 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Banner

Started by zourtney, Nov 12, 2009, 05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

much better! the "the forums" could use a little more POP to it (blends in with trees, in my eyes). But yeah, a++!

Nick

zourtney

Totally. Post it! :)

Nick

Its up! And I added the lake/pond that I mentioned. If I could draw mountains I would add them to the background. But sadly what you see is the apex of my artistic ability.

Thoughts?
Suggestions?
Take it down before it burn the eyes of the worlds innocent?

zourtney

No, man, it's cool!

zourtney

Nick

The banner is dead? That's sad. Should I make a forest fire one?

zourtney

Hehe :) Sorry, wrong topic.

zourtney

Maybe it could use a couple hippie flowers...!

Nick

Yes. And some mountains and better water... and perhaps nicer grass. Oh, and a cooler cabin. :)

zourtney

Apr 25, 2010, 10:28 AM #55 Last Edit: Apr 25, 2010, 10:44 AM by zourtney
Ok, so, this isn't supposed to look good, it's just a rough idea.

The colors suck, the tree sucks, etc., but I like the RL-seal thing. And I was thinking it'd be better as an image-only icon. The kind that you can recognize without needing letters in it. And we like trees.

Currently, the site name and tagline lack any styling and are oddly aligned. Having the logo and title side-by-side seems to balance things a bit better....in my estimation.

[Adobe Illustrator file]

Nick

Apr 27, 2010, 07:56 PM #56 Last Edit: Apr 27, 2010, 08:02 PM by Nick
Here is my fist mock-up of ideas. I am just now learning illustrator so its a little rough looking, but I am sure you can get the idea.
Also, for zourtney, here is the PSD of the RL circle. I should remake that in illustrator to help learn how to use it.
RL-Seal logo - http://randomland.net/node/1427

zourtney

Apr 28, 2010, 10:01 AM #57 Last Edit: Apr 28, 2010, 10:02 AM by zourtney
That's cool. I think I might take it down to 3 trees, for simplicity and scalability. But perhaps that's just me. Ideally, a logo could be instantly recognizable down to about the size of a quarter ($0.25). And something about designing it monochrome. Brad will tell you all about it :)

...not that I was thinking about that too much when I was playing around.

Nick

We can have different logos for different uses you know. We can make a small version that is easily identifiable when little yet still have a larger more detailed logo. Making it bland/overly simple just so you can have a tiny one is kinda overkill. Other then the url favicon thing, where will we need super tiny logos?

zourtney

Moichandising! Moichandising!1
:)