• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 11:24 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

I just watched...

Started by zourtney, Nov 12, 2009, 08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Ignorance is bliss. People are never allowed to be aware, or are unable to perceive the hidden world of the toys/animals. At least in the Toy Story universe.

In the land of Disney things get a little more bizarre... you can have everything from singing food to wine glasses and flowers. In that case it would be best not to move, lest you crush a dust mite.  In such a world 'sentient' life would be of less value, and as such everyone would be, out of pure necessity, desensitized to killing things that talk. Just like we have pets are look down on eating them, some things would be safe from the slaughter. But as all things but eat and be eaten in turn... The sick, sick world that is Disney. What are we teaching our children!

Brad

Movies like Toy Story and Cars just leave me with so many unanswered questions.

Toy Story:
Why do all the toys hide the fact that they are alive from humans? Clearly not all toys realize that they are toys when they are first awakened (see Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story 1).
Some toys don't seem to come to life until their packages have been open. But in Toy Story 2 some of the toys in the toy store were alive despite still being in their packages... so what makes a toy come to life?

Cars:
If every living thing is a car... who makes the cars? Who drills the oil and creates the gas? Who machines all the parts?
If cars are doing these these jobs... how was the first car created in order to create all the others?
Why wasn't the paving machine Bessie alive, where all the other vehicles and machines seem to have been?

Maybe I'm over thinking this...

Frioevie

Brad, I think you were over thinking it 120 days ago. According to the "warning" in nice red letters your website gave me ;)
We are currently watching a mixture of alias and flash forward. Unfortunately flash forward is only one season long since it got cancelled :( but alias on the other hand is at least 5 seasons long! It is quite different!

zourtney

I just watched the 80s classic Short Circuit. It was actually quite hilarious. And filmed (partially, at least) in Astoria, OR!

Frioevie

We finally watched Ernest saves Christmas! :) courts Christmas present! And his "FAVORITE" movie!! :)

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Nick

Haha. Nice! I remember those old films. Those were some of my favorites as a kid. Especially the one with the trolls and the one where he saves the world from the guy with the hand on his head :)

Frioevie

Court let me buy E.T. a few weeks ago, he was very skeptical (is the right word court?) he was worried that it would be cheesy. Well we watched it last week last, I think it was? And he actually liked it! That movie always makes me wonder...why didn't E.T. ever visit??!

Sent from my {amazing windows phone} using Board Express

zourtney

Don't worry Eve, I'll respond ;-) Yeah, the movie was better than I expected it to be!

Nick

Had you seriously never seen E.T. before?

zourtney

Nope, I hadn't seen it before. It happens.

Cody

I just watched The Walking Dead. Or...at least the first 15 minutes or so of the first episode. I watched the whole first season when it first came out...but to be honest, I don't really like it anymore. It just seems too gory and violent for my liking these days. It's interesting and all but I've just lost my taste for the violence it seems.

Anyone know anything else good to watch on Netflix? I just finished all six seasons of the new Doctor Who.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

Yeah, Eve and I watched maybe 6 or so episodes of it. I do remember it being unnecessarily violent. Like that would draw ratings, or something. I was actually kind of put off by the general tone of the show.

Watch SG-1 instead :) we are.

Nick

Yay for campy star-gate fun!

I also rather liked the SG Universe premise, but not so much the execution.  I had hopped that it would be a lost in space exploring the relics of the ancients, but it turned out to be a crisis-of-the-week formulaic show.

Cody

Ah, yes! I had watched the first six seasons of SG-1 but got distracted by some other show I started watching. Merlin maybe. Perhaps I should finish that. I also saw that Alias is now streaming! I have been wanting to watch that for ages, but as I recall it was also a rather violent and occasionally disturbing show.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

Eve and I watched all of the Alias season (and finished just before they went streaming). They're a bit crazy and violent. But also disturbing with things like snipping off people's fingers with wire cutters. That crap still makes me squirm.

Indeed.