• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 10:30 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Coffee, Coffee

Started by zourtney, Nov 27, 2009, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

Yeah, searching around the house, I found the the bottom of a small glass vase was the perfect size, though not a very classy method. The tamper wasn't too expensive, but the metal carafe was way too much. Oh well, I guess I'm in the major leagues of coffee prep now.

zourtney

It's feeling like a "two coffee morning." I should've made some espresso this morning. Then I'd be really coffeed up! Which is probably not a good thing, actually.

Nick

A coffee a day keeps, ummm, something way I am sure. Its bitter bite and sweet creamy overtones make it my breakfast drink of choice. So I hope there is some health benefit to it. I'm sure someone will tell you some quackery about it. After all some nuts were doing some rather strange things with it in the 90's (see: coffee enema, or don't if your more sensible then that,) not that they were actually in better health for it. 

zourtney

I found out that a slathering of whip cream and a bunch of butterscotch syrup drizzled on top makes a tasty latte even more fattening and delicious. Come try one before I run out of syrup :)

Nick

Sounds oh so tempting. Cody and I almost came to take some coffee of your hands last saturday. It didn't quite happen though.

zourtney

I probably wasn't there at the time, but it's not hard to figure out run the machine. It's all about portioning, and I don't really have it down yet, either.

zourtney

last weekend, I employed my espresso maker to squeeze me out some black water (coffee, not the other kind!). I put some ice, milk, carmel, and the espresso in a cup and gave it a stir. It was as good as anything from starbucks, andit was industrial!

Nick

You be careful. I hear that in California, they found that industrial stuff to cause cancer. But then again, what doesn't down there.

That sounds tasty. Makes me want to find parts for mine to see if its fixable. (That is if they even sell parts for it.)

zourtney

Coffee time! Yes, it's coffee time again. Same as most mornings.

Most cool coffee maker is being a bit of a pain recently. The gasket atop the water reservoir hasn't been making a good seal. So, when steaming milk, tons of steam is pouring out around the tightened cap. (I know, life is so rough.)

Nick

But it still works. Just be careful not to get burned.

I still need to get replacement parts for mine. Needs a new pressure tank/boiler thing. Or a new espresso maker... :(

zourtney

Sadly, it is sometimes cheaper to buy a whole new unit. Searching for parts can be tough, too.

I need to mess around with mine a little more. The gasket popped out when I unscrewed it this morning, so I very gently put it into place (instead of sticking it as far into the cap as possible). I had this happen once before and I was "fixed" for a few uses thereafter. Either way, the only real issue it causes is lukewarm milk instead of boiling-hot milk. 40 seconds in the microwave fixes it up fine.

zourtney

Coffee, coffee. I like coffee!

Nick

Coffee Coffee, we all like coffee!!!

Do you ever start typing coffee when you mean to write caffeine?

zourtney

Quote from: Nick on Sep 29, 2010, 04:24 PMDo you ever start typing coffee when you mean to write caffeine?
No.

I need more coffee...err, caffeine?