• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Sep 21, 2024, 01:04 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Mans! The Forums Is the Dead!

Started by zourtney, Jul 22, 2008, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Brad

I CAN NOW USE THE PEN TOOL IN ILLUSTRATOR! Yay! Add this to my list of completely unimpressive accomplishments!

I traced this picture of a Mario enemy as practice and I finally have the hang of it. Now I can actually attempt to draw something, rather than just doing tracing practice.

Nick

zourtney

Wow, that's one frumpy dude, and also really good looking. You should put these files in some depository for the children of the ages. (Or just so you don't lose them again)

Brad

I'm not too worried about losing this one as it isn't my drawing. The whole thing is just practice and traced. I'm working on some actual drawings now. They don't look as good as ones I trace though. I'll probably post them to my "I suck at drawing" thread when I'm done.

In another news, Melissa bought our rabbit a harness and a leash. We haven't been able to use it though as we can't get the rabbit to actually wear the harness. She is a little bit grumpy now.

zourtney

Cool. What do you want to use these images/characters for?

Brad

Well I am planning on doing about 100 different character/monster illustrations for my game project. Mostly though I'm just trying to teach myself the skill. I figure I should be able to teach myself to do it at least as well as somebody would be able to teach themselves guitar or programming or whatever. I'll probably never be spectacular, but it'd be a cool thing to be almost competent at.

Nick

Being almost competent is pretty cool :) I should know.

zourtney

Most of my ventures in near competence are short lived. I seem to shelve the skill once I find I am physically and mentally capable of completing it.

Which reminds me, I started another crappy song in LMMS last night. Turns out I wasn't using the Song Editor in exactly its intended method. I might post it, but I only have like 10 seconds of noise.

Nick

Speaking of things one is not competent at... We should get out our guitars and goof around sometime.

zourtney

Yeah, that'd be fun. Too bad I don't know any songs. And not many chords. You might know more than I, by now. Are you still taking Chemekuitar classes?

Nick

I finished the last class a few weeks ago. If I can manage to practice enough over the summer I will probably take the intermediate class. But only if I think I have advanced my skills enough to keep up. I still have all my handouts and stuff if you want a few copies. Its easier then you might think to get started! But just as hard as you might think to get good.

zourtney

Sure! I'll gladly take a copy of those. Maybe it'll help inspire me a little. I was trying to come up with a simple guitar track to overlay on my latest and crappiest song. Sadly, it sounds nothing like battle music, which I think is what was requested.

Nick

Perhaps together we can make something that sound ominous and yet rallying.

zourtney

Everything I make it happenstance. If I try to go for a sound, it doesn't turn out. Guess I need more practice :)