• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Sep 22, 2024, 02:32 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Mans! The Forums Is the Dead!

Started by zourtney, Jul 22, 2008, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

The weather might be manageable Thursday. But we can always wear coats and hats. I am up for it as long as its not pouring.

zourtney

Yeah, and we could go somewher close, like that hikey-park near Lyons. I'm mostly waterproof and it'd be good to get outside!

Brad

Despite being impossible to find and possibly not alive I added you to my friends list Jacsveus.

Nick

YAAAAAY! NOW WE CAN ALL BE FRIENDS!!!

zourtney

I want to be friends with the space robot. He may not have a soul, but is alone and far from home.

Brad

Randomland is back up again! Did anyone else notice the downtime last night?

zourtney

I did notice, actually. Yay for having my randomnets back.

This reminds me...we should probably work on some sort of super-basic backup system. Like dump the database and copy everything to an external drive once every few months or something. But such a discussion probably belongs elsewhere.

Nick

Dec 30, 2010, 11:19 AM #442 Last Edit: Dec 30, 2010, 11:21 AM by Nick
There used to be a basic backup. But then the external hard drive died.

The down time was caused by a power outage, or 8. None of them for more then a few minuets, but more then long enough to reset/turn off everything. Then the ddclient refused to update the IP address for the domain with zoneedit. Then I couldn't get zoneedit to let me log in... But its fixed now.

zourtney

Thank you, serverman. I need my fix. Need my fix. NEed My fIx.,.,

Brad

It is funny how we all notice the downtime but nobody ever posts anything or adds new content. What keeps bringing us back? It is a mystery...

zourtney

Yeah, that's probably because we are all actually pretty boring.

Nick

We all return for the hope of something new.

zourtney

True true. Even when returning for the hope of something we already knew :)

Nick

Its twenty Xd6! Or, um. Twenty even, I mean.

A new year, another dead forum. More busy people :) My vow was to be 12% more interesting this this yeah. I hope it works.

zourtney

Seems like a highly subjective goal -- clever! :) An interesting start might be to go on a hunt for my pumpkin. I could tell you where it is, but that seems somehow less interesting..!