• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Sep 22, 2024, 12:19 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Mans! The Forums Is the Dead!

Started by zourtney, Jul 22, 2008, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

These internets are dead!

Nick

Not so dead as busy. Things have been happening! The stuff have been dome. Three bolts got taken off a certain vehicle! The wordpresses are annoying me! Stuffs'a happn'in.

zourtney

1 bolt per hour, hooooooyeah!

What's is the Presses do now?

Nick

Mostly its because I can't find anything (I am just not used to the admin menus yet)

BUT! I have had no luck in finding a way to PUBLICLY search the media library. People online just want you to create a post/page for each image or are clueless. One would think this would be a common request and therefor exist is some form. Or I might suck at finding settings/pluins to do what I want.

I installed a search plugin that was supposed to add post attachments to the search results, but no luck with that.

zourtney

Bumpity, bump-bump. This forum is so dead. Poodlesticks.

Nick

zourtney

Maybe it was me. I haven't done enough forum-worthy things lately, perhaps.

Nick

Dead; the forums are.

There was a hawk on the roof of my car this morning. It was cool. I think it might have been an American kestrel based on its colors. I didn't get a real long look at it before a crow dive bombed it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33rw/4132848750/lightbox/ <- it looked allot like that.

Cody

Wildlife = Cool

Speaking of which, I almost had a squirrel take a blackberry from my hand today. He was quite social and unafraid of me...Unfortunately I was standing in such a position that the squirrel had no way of getting to my hand without hang gliding off of the branch he was on. That would have been an awesome sight. I got within a foot or so though and that is cool in itself.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

Nick

That's cool. You should get him friendly enough to hangout and take nuts from you!

But - beware the plague!

Nick

Like the doornail and dodos of fables and legend, so is the forum.

zourtney

Dead indeed. Let's liven it up!

Cody

But it's just so dead...dead like my recent attempt to program in Java....
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

Nick

I don't know from much experience, but java seemed like a nightmare.

zourtney

...if Java is a nightmare, then C would be the Lake of Fire. For all it's failings, Java (and by extension C#) is quite newcomer friendly. Let me know if you ever want any sort of directed help. I probably almost know what I'm talking about :)