• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Sep 22, 2024, 04:18 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Mans! The Forums Is the Dead!

Started by zourtney, Jul 22, 2008, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cody

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone I know! And I suppose to people I don't as well.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

Happy thanksgiving! You're sitting right next to me. Except for when you're not.

Nick

Gobble-obble-obble!! Happy turkey daytime to all!

zourtney

Forums is the reads again. Randomland needs some love!

Cody

They are dead...

But you know what would be awesome? Anna came up with this awesome idea of an interactive paint desktop background. So like you could just paint random things as your background or something. Leave random notes or draw huge faces to scare whoever walked into the room...that would just be awesome.
   --Boba Fett

Cody

Since the forums is so dead I'll post something.

For all of you that aren't closely watching me on Facebook, (and we all know nobody is) I drew this last night and figured I would share it.

This is my drawing of Admiral Adama from Battlestar Galactica...for all you that have actually seen it.
http://fav.me/d4i42hk
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

I don't recognize the face, but it looks classifiable as regnum animale and is therefore well beyond my skill level. Good job. Also, my app didn't notify me of this post :-\ were there any other new posts on here recently?

Cody

Not to my knowledge, no. And thank you.
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

Merry Christmas to all!

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Cody

--Boba Fett

Nick

Merry christmas to all! And to all a good day.

Cody

Christmas is over, but I have successfully done green screening! I think it is pretty awesome.
   --Boba Fett

Nick

Mans! The forums are back alive!

I am going home early today. It seems the world is flooding around me and the roof is leaking. Lets see if there is an open path to my house.

zourtney

Yeah, it's been quite the week...

Brad

So last night I accidentally discovered that my son's typing toy has a swear word filter in it. This toy is about. The size of an old pda with a full keyboard and other buttons. It plays a buch of silly games as well as letting you write messages to your "pal". The messages you write don't go anywhere and aren't stored. If you write something that is filtered it beeps at you and erases it.

I spent like 20 minutes trying to determine the depth and breadth of the filtering. It hass all of the standard four letter words and their various varieties. It has all of the crude names for body parts including "butt". It also has all of the technical names for all reproductive organs including "ovaries". It matches hold words only. So you can write things like "cockroach".

It has a massive amount of words, counting all the different mutations of swear words and bodyparts. Just adding "face" at the end of everything adds a whole bunch ("buttface",s#!tface, etc...)

My real question is why??? What is the point of such extensive filtering? You can't send or store messages. What are they trying to prevent?