• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Sep 23, 2024, 12:31 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Mans! The Forums Is the Dead!

Started by zourtney, Jul 22, 2008, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

No plans, but I usually pretty boring. I do want some pumpkinry, though. All the good pumpkin patches seem to be  are 100 - 3000 miles away.

Cody

Pumpkins? Florida? I don't think those two belong in the same sentence. They aren't exactly a tropical climate sort of plant, I don't think. It would be fun to go to a pumpkin field though. Who knows the last time I carved one.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

Nick

We will be carving some on Sunday if you are interested in joining in!

zourtney

Well, this part of Florida is really like south south Alabama. Both in climate and in culture (for better or worse). This ain't Miami, y'all. That's not to say that today wasn't 80-something degrees by midday, but yeah.

I've heard rumors of patches of pumpkins a bit north. Or we could drive 4 miles and check out the parking lot with rows of pumpkins and sporadically laid hay.

zourtney

Finally had to turn the heat on at home. It'll be interesting to see how people around here take the "cold"!

Cody

Mans!

Happy Halloween! I really wanted to go do that pumpkin carving thing...but Sunday kind of came and went and I didn't hardly even realize it. Now it is November...almost. November means that I will soon be reaching twenty five years of age. Two and a half decades. Exactly 25% of a century. Or 1/40 of a millennium for those that care!
   --Boba Fett

Nick

Nov 02, 2012, 10:27 AM #741 Last Edit: Nov 02, 2012, 12:02 PM by Nick
Got any age-upping party plans?

zourtney

I put a baby in a pumpkin.

Cody

Nope, no birthday plans. I don't even know what I would want to do if I were to make plans. And as for the baby in a pumpkin...that was pretty awesome!
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

You should do something awesome. Like an all-night Suri revival, or something. Bring your own welder and angle grinders. :)

Nick

There was a skunk in the house tonight. Now our stairs are stanky. I think the dog chased it down as she was at the top eating the cat food she wasn't supposed to be eating. If she was on the porch eating her own food it never would have got in. Sigh.

zourtney

Oh man. That sucks.  :( I remember when our dog got sprayed by a skunk...we closed off the room for about a week.

Nick

It wasn't nearly that bad. I cant smell it anymore, but the family that just returned from visiting my sister in Washington assure me it is still detectable. They should be used to it soon :)

Brad

Skunk in the house? Wow that stinks.

I remember being trapped in your house for 30 minutes one night waiting for the skunk to get off your front porch so I could go out to my car. One of the hazards living out in the "country" I guess. Sounds like it could have been worse though.

Nick

Yeah. Lots worse. If the dog actually had gotten sprayed rather then the skunk just squirting a little I would have had to scrub things a lot longer :/ But all is well that ends well.