• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Sep 23, 2024, 02:23 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Mans! The Forums Is the Dead!

Started by zourtney, Jul 22, 2008, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cody

Mans! The forums is teh dead...and I hate being sick. Hoping everyone is having a good Christmas season so far.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

Sick?! Why are you sick? (I tired that last week and decided against it...)Merry Christmas to all the Randomlanders! (and everyone else, of course)

Nick

Cody

--Boba Fett

zourtney

zourtney

Happy new year everyone. Become awesome in 2013 - whatever it takes!

Nick

Happy new year! The awesome prompts,  and I shall try.

zourtney

Nick

zourtney

Well, ok, I will. From time to time, there are people that post on here. (hint: mostly you and me) Sometimes we post lots of stuff. Other times we don't. Now is "other times".How's the grandebuggy? Does it have a name yet?

Cody

I protest! You two are not the only ones to post. Sometimes I post lots of things as well.
   --Boba Fett

Nick

The buggy is setting in the barn, nice and dry. Currently it is waiting on me to not be sick. I need to pull off the engine still to find the oil leak in the bell housing. I'd like it to be warmer, but free time wanes, so I might do it soon.

Anyone like to help?

Cody

I would but Anna is here until the 2nd so I doubt she would want to stand around all day while I attempted to help you with the buggy. Who knows.
   --Boba Fett

Brad

Unfortunately I am not a reliable mechanics assistant at this time. Although I should bring Luke over to your place sometime to see all the animals. Probably when it is slightly nicer outside.

Here is a boring story from work:

I had to work late today, the utility e-payment website was down. If any user tried to login they would get an error message stating "The Redirect URI Cannot Contain the Newline Character". Which seems like a web coding or server setup error. We haven't changed anything lately, so there wasn't much I could do besides calling the vendor... The conversation went something like this:

Vendor-man: I just spoke to a coworker and was informed that they are doing the scheduled quarterly software update. We coordinated with Robert White to schedule this.

Me: Uh.... who?

Vendor-man: Robert White.

Me: Who is Robert White?

Vendor-man: ..... Can I call you back in a few minutes?

- Later -

Vendor-man: Apparently there was a mistake with the schedule confirmation.  The person contacted about confirming the schedule is not actually with your jurisdiction.

Me: ...

Vendor-man: Actually he isn't even located on the same coast as you.

Me: Can you give me an estimated time when they'll have the server back up and running?

Vendor-man: ...I'll call you back.

Nick

Really.... Just wow. How professional of them. Did they get it fixed soon after?